What's new

Where to put a 2 Post LIft in a Small/Medium Shop

RPS1030

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
SW UT
It's finally time to get off the ground and get a 2-post lift to work with in the backyard shop.

26x28 brick shop with about 11.5' walls, 16' wide door offset to one side because of alley access and proximity to the house.

I'm thinking about 3' of space between the side wall and post and about 10' from the back wall. This should give me enough of a flat bay for other work and squeezing the Jeep or other smaller rigs on the left closer to the toolbox and stuff. But far enough away from the wall to not be cramped. Not sure I'm going to be able to get the truck squeezed around the lift though.

Any input or thoughts? Closer or further?
Thanks

Overhead view
Satelite 3D.jpg

Blank shop and house
Blank Shop.jpg

1st Idea
2-post First Idea.jpg

Blank Shop.jpg

My shop is 26' deep also. My lift is pretty close to centered front to back. That works pretty well for most things, leaves room for my press and a couple other things in front of where the car goes. Longer things (my truck) have to hang out the open door to be on the hoist.

My shop is 26' deep also. My lift is pretty close to centered front to back. That works pretty well for most things, leaves room for my press and a couple other things in front of where the car goes. Longer things (my truck) have to hang out the open door to be on the hoist.

Guess arm type will also play into how fore/aft placement as well.

Guess arm type will also play into how fore/aft placement as well.

True. Mine's an Atlas lift, so they claim "Super Symmetrical" arms. Basically there's enough adjustment to use it like a normal symmetrical lift, or an asymmetric. I will bias whatever rig I'm working on fore or aft depending on what I'm working on, so I'll have more room at that end to work. (I'm talking huge adjustments, probably 6" either direction. :p )

Top Back Refresh