What's new

Where to get old Ford body parts.

jeepyj

Middlesex NY
Member Number
Loc
Middlesex NY
Project coming up. 1968 F250 4x4. I know about LMC. Where else are body parts available besides maybe that place on the hill. I need all of the parts for the front clip. Possibly I can repair the core support and hood. I'll know more when it gets here. So. inner fenders, outer fenders and hood supports. Battery tray, etc also.

update: need these parts. Both sides. Anyone have any or know what search terms to use to find them. The ones on the F250 are shot. This is a pic from fleabay and I already sent the seller (of the door) a message asking about these.
needpart.JPG

Last edited:
Try Dennis carpenter, supposed to use ford tooling when possible and they have flat rate shipping on most stuff.

Few years back, I bought what was available (out of the crap I needed) for my '71 F250 from Dennis Carpenter (all good stuff, maybe a bit pricey) and other items from LMC.

Half of the stuff I bought from LMC sucked :mad3:.

Off the top of my head:
  • bed floor patch panel that bends didn't line up & bend radii didn't match = dogshit
  • cab gas tank filler tube grommet that literally fell apart upon attempt to install
It's been a few years, but those 2 turds stand out in my memory - maybe LMC is better now?

Npd, dennis carpenter, or LMC are pretty much who I do 90% of my shopping with. Bronco graveyard has some stuff. Flashback F100s also has a bunch nifty parts as well.

For the inner fenders and core support consider getting them out of a 73-79 truck. They fit with some work and are galvanized so they tend to last better.

For the inner fenders and core support consider getting them out of a 73-79 truck

Now that you mention it. I remember having a 79. It had plastic inner fenders. Monroe set them on fire when they were torching the shocks off.

LMC is crap. they all sell the same junk. have had good luck with rubber parts from Steele.
KIMG0748.JPG
There is a guy local in San Diego who parts these truck out and ships. Highboys have a core support that is specific to them and F350's. it will have "Wings" on it to mount radiator at a slight angle. Here is a photo of mine.

Few years back, I bought what was available (out of the crap I needed) for my '71 F250 from Dennis Carpenter (all good stuff, maybe a bit pricey) and other items from LMC.

Half of the stuff I bought from LMC sucked :mad3:.

Off the top of my head:
  • bed floor patch panel that bends didn't line up & bend radii didn't match = dogshit
  • cab gas tank filler tube grommet that literally fell apart upon attempt to install
It's been a few years, but those 2 turds stand out in my memory - maybe LMC is better now?

They're not.

Stuff I bought for my K5 was utter trash, took forever to ship, and they mark up shipping like crazy. Cable for the tailgate window lasted less than a month before it fell apart and they wouldn't refund it because I didn't have the glued shut plastic sleeve it came in. Better off burning money than giving it to them.

Update in post #1 for parts needed. I bought the core support from LMC and the fenders/inner fenders from Dennis Carpenter. I'll pull more parts off tonight and decide what can be saved. Amazingly, the battery tray is one of those parts that will be saved. This truck was last registered in 1991.

pretty sure i have them, will have to look. lets see photos of truck.

I'd appreciate it. The truck isn't much to look at but it's owned by an 80 year old man that wants to plow with it again. He bought it new. It does have a PTO Ramsey on it with the bumper that Ramsey sold with the winch way back when. So it's got that going for it. Will load up pics tonight for fun.

Ford Cemetery
Also known as Saint Marthas Episcopal Church Cemetery
15801 Joy Rd.
Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, 48228-2984 USA

1.jpg

Check out the vise

2.jpg

Roached inner fender / hood hinge mounts. I think I'll reuse the hood supports.

3.jpg
4.jpg

Hmmm

5.jpg

Ahh, the good old days.

6.jpg

The store that sold these closed in 1990.

7.jpg

Top Back Refresh