What's new

Where to buy Samsung TV guts? - Power Supply PCB

Lee

Guild of Calamitous Intent
Member Number
Loc
The Natural State
I need a new power supply board for our 12 year old Samsung LCD, it's NLA from Samsung and there's nothing on eBay. I've only found it in stock at BuyQual and Abctay, neither strike me as reputable retailers.

I would much prefer to fix this TV than buy a new one.

Here's what I'm after if anyone has a suggestion: BN44-00266A

I used to do this with my old monitors. Used eBay. Avoid the Made in China ones. They lasted about a month before going again. There was some $7 part I kept buying and replacing. After almost a year I gave up and just bought another monitor. The China replacements were freaking garbage.

Chances are a quality electronics service company can investigate and get your board running with some updated capacitors if you don't want to buy a used replacement.

I used to do this with my old monitors. Used eBay. Avoid the Made in China ones. They lasted about a month before going again. There was some $7 part I kept buying and replacing. After almost a year I gave up and just bought another monitor. The China replacements were freaking garbage.

The technician side of me say that possibly something upstream from the component that was failing causing an out-of-spec output and killing the first thing downstream from it (the $7 component). Playing devils advocate here.

The technician side of me say that possibly something upstream from the component that was failing causing an out-of-spec output and killing the first thing downstream from it (the $7 component). Playing devils advocate here.

Shitty caps was what I was told. :confused:

Shitty caps was what I was told. :confused:

If it were me in your position, after the first few went, I would have been probing the PCB for out-of-spec readings haha. I would not doubt that there were some shitty 2nds from the factory that made its way into a parts bin and wound up on ebay though. Definitely a risk. I bought a couple of refurb/verified motherboards from a seller on Amazon who had them. I only needed one but ended up buying two because the first one was DOA. The second one was DOA too so I just quit there with that particular vendor.

I killed my 2008/9ish Samsung Plasma last fall, the power supply also took a shit and another board was acting up. After looking into the available parts online it would have been $300-400 and not guaranteed to actually get it back to 100%. I bought a new, larger Samsung QLED for $800 and called it a day.

If it were me in your position, after the first few went, I would have been probing the PCB for out-of-spec readings haha. I would not doubt that there were some shitty 2nds from the factory that made its way into a parts bin and wound up on ebay though. Definitely a risk. I bought a couple of refurb/verified motherboards from a seller on Amazon who had them. I only needed one but ended up buying two because the first one was DOA. The second one was DOA too so I just quit there with that particular vendor.

Yea, I'm a little into this stuff, but when it gets to probes and reading I'm out. :laughing:

Its Sony guts

download (8).jpeg

Wulf, that used board in CO was a lot closer to $70 with shipping and tax, so I decided to do some investigating.

Suspect board:
20210309203536-89020ec4-me.jpg

Only blatant issue was this pair of bulging capacitors:
20210309203535-9d3e8796-me.jpg

The suspect caps were 1200µF 10V, they're only $0.60 a piece on Digi Key, but they've got a big disclaimer about it taking up to 7 days before shipping. I couldn't find any 10V on Amazon, but did find some 25V that were Prime eligible, so I wound up paying $13 for 6x 25V caps. Apparently I was willing to pay a premium for the quick shipping.

My 10+ year old Radio Shack solder sucker spontaneously exploded on first attempted use, so I removed the bad caps, with some wick, I much prefer the sucker.
20210309203534-d31aaaa6-me.jpg

Soldered new caps in:
20210309203532-373b6f99-me.jpg

The new 25V caps are taller than the 10V they replaced. They stand proud of that heatsink about 1/8" but thankfully there was plenty of room for them:
20210309203531-261d79d9-me.jpg

TV works! :smokin:

Maybe we can get another 13 years out of it. :laughing:

Either used ebay or new ebay parts.

Check for reputable sellers, but seriously I've bought electronics from ebay and installed them on USN ships when that was my only option.

Either used ebay or new ebay parts.

Check for reputable sellers, but seriously I've bought electronics from ebay and installed them on USN ships when that was my only option.

you're a little slow eh :flipoff2:

Wulf, that used board in CO was a lot closer to $70 with shipping and tax, so I decided to do some investigating.

Suspect board:

Only blatant issue was this pair of bulging capacitors:

The suspect caps were 1200µF 10V, they're only $0.60 a piece on Digi Key, but they've got a big disclaimer about it taking up to 7 days before shipping. I couldn't find any 10V on Amazon, but did find some 25V that were Prime eligible, so I wound up paying $13 for 6x 25V caps. Apparently I was willing to pay a premium for the quick shipping.

My 10+ year old Radio Shack solder sucker spontaneously exploded on first attempted use, so I removed the bad caps, with some wick, I much prefer the sucker.

Soldered new caps in:

The new 25V caps are taller than the 10V they replaced. They stand proud of that heatsink about 1/8" but thankfully there was plenty of room for them:

TV works! :smokin:

Maybe we can get another 13 years out of it. :laughing:

awesome!

Top Back Refresh