What's new

Where can I purchase torque wrenchs in store

Brian468

Red Skull Member
Member Number
long story short I got a contract job and have to drive all night from Georgia to jersey, I need a 1/2 and 3/8 digital torque wrench with degrees and i need to buy them somewhere enroute, lemme know if any of you sharp fellas have any ideas.

lowes sells em, just call and make sure that have enough in stock if you need a handful

There's the Summit Racing just south of the ATL, it's the wrong direction though. :flipoff2:

lowes sells em, just call and make sure that have enough in stock if you need a handful

... if you set 'your store' on their site, they tell you the stock as well..... even the isle and bay it's in.

That way you don't really even have to stop the car ... ghost ride it from entrance to entrance while you run to the location and get it. Also video it. :flipoff2:

Speaking of torque wrenches... Anyone ever used a torque adapter? I really need to pic up a torque wrench for the toolbox but and strapped for space, and cash. Opinions on these little guys?

71R%2BErJchvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Speaking of torque wrenches... Anyone ever used a torque adapter? I really need to pic up a torque wrench for the toolbox but and strapped for space, and cash. Opinions on these little guys?

Probably ok for repeatability (getting the same torque on multiple fasteners), but not great for precision (getting the exact torque on any fastener). Good enough for what most of us do.

AVE did a tear-down and test on the HF version a while back..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSsvcNtUGtA

Lowe’s has a basic clicker type, don’t think it is digital or has degrees. Or, maybe just the model I bought from them 10 years doesn’t.

Lowe’s has a basic clicker type, don’t think it is digital or has degrees. Or, maybe just the model I bought from them 10 years doesn’t.

The tools list said digital with degree reading mandatory, I own a half inch but the snap on man has it, and I need a 3/8th, I had to stop and take a drug test because the last place lost my specimen then I'll be on the road to jersey overnight, I'll try lowes but if anybody wants to sell me theirs I'm kinda desperate so you definitely hold the bargaining chips.

Also if anybody knows a snappy salesman in North GA OR Soith Carolina I'll buy two new ones, i have to have whatever option I choose when I show up tomorrow morning.

Might be able to hit one of the tool supply stores along the way that have something in stock. Grainger, Fastenal, McMaster, etc?

We use a couple for our work in an ISO testing lab. They calibrated fine and were repeatable.

Um Napa or any local parts store, CAT dealers have them, any of the big AG or Construction Equipment Dealers have them.

... if you set 'your store' on their site, they tell you the stock as well..... even the isle and bay it's in.

That way you don't really even have to stop the car ... ghost ride it from entrance to entrance while you run to the location and get it. Also video it. :flipoff2:

:laughing: this is the most superior solution^

Drop ship to shop 1 day unacceptable?

length of job?

borrow the shit (with collateral if needed) until your shit ships or job ends, if short

when my best friend, a very skilled shade tree guy, got a heavy equipment mechanic job, I loaded him up with impressive looking shit, within 30 days he'd gotten tooled up and returned my stuff, maybe somebody can help you out

Last edited:
What part of NJ? You can drop ship to my house or business if you like.

Thanks guy i bought a kobalt set, trying to hook up with snap on msn today.

My next stop us Delaware, if anybody knows of a snap on guy between north jersey and Delaware that will meet me today I'd appreciate it.

Scott said he has a guy in central nj Ill shoot him a text

He said his guy is out of town, and i just got word everyone's being sent home for a while cause some of the guys from Detroit are sick of traveling and miss home, apparently Detroit is an old Indian term for buncha bitches

Top Back Refresh