What's new

What's this Bridgeport worth (missing motor)

Member Number
Loc
OC, CA
My girlfriend's uncle has this sitting in his home shop (Long Island, NY) and it's missing the motor. What's it worth?

image0000002.png

image000000.png

Depending on age and condition, anywhere anywhere from 2000 to 5000 USD.

My girlfriend's uncle has this sitting in his home shop (Long Island, NY) and it's missing the motor. What's it worth?

image0000002.png

image000000.png
In this region, 3k if it's complete, working, and has at least some tooling. Less than 2k for sure. They are everywhere.

Reactions: DMG
Missing motor, classic J-head, no power feeds, DROs, no freshly scraped ways or any other special shit?

$1k if you luck across an idiot or someone a block over who's willing to pay for convenience. Ask $700-900. Reduce price to $600-700 if no bites within 2wk.

Nobody is going to buy a $1k no-motor bridgeport when you can just wait a little longer and get a $1200-1500 one that you can hear run. Well somebody might, but how quickly do you want this thing gone?

I post a sub $1k running Bridgeport in the tools thread about once a month and I'm not even looking, just browsing while I take my morning shit.

Depending on age and condition, anywhere anywhere from 2000 to 5000 USD.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"I know what I gots"

In this region, 3k if it's complete, working, and has at least some tooling.
Cut those numbers in at least half for the northeast and midwest. :laughing:

Last edited:
Missing motor, classic J-head, no power feeds, DROs, no freshly scraped ways or any other special shit?

$1k if you luck across an idiot or someone a block over who's willing to pay for convenience. Ask $700-900. Reduce price to $600-700 if no bites within 2wk.

Nobody is going to buy a $1k no-motor bridgeport when you can just wait a little longer and get a $1200-1500 one that you can hear run. Well somebody might, but how quickly do you want this thing gone?

I post a sub $1k running Bridgeport in the tools thread about once a month and I'm not even looking, just browsing while I take my morning shit.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"I know what I gots"

Cut those numbers in at least half for the northeast and midwest. :laughing:
I mean for a mint one. I'd give 500 for this one.

Stop showing your stupidity.
Get cancer.

Plenty of people have upgraded from zerks to DIY systems. The OEM oiling system has restrictions to ensure everything gets lubed. The ball valves just replace that. It's a ~$100-$200 project depending on what you buy and where you buy it. The pump itself is under $30 of that.

1ALube1.JPG

Get cancer.

Plenty of people have upgraded from zerks to DIY systems. The OEM oiling system has restrictions to ensure everything gets lubed. The ball valves just replace that. It's a ~$100-$200 project depending on what you buy and where you buy it. The pump itself is under $30 of that.

1ALube1.JPG
Just a messenger. your getting worse.

Just a messenger. your getting worse.
Tell your wife I said she needs to put out more. There was nothing out of line or even pushing the envelope about the post you responded to.

Not much.

Nothing really special about the machine, and doesn't look to be in great shape, so what you have there is a run of the mill bridgeport, without a critical part to make it functional.

Also, machine tool value on the east coast seems to be lower than elsewhere in the US. Further, if it's on an island that adds another element of pain and cost to getting it anywhere else, which just reduces the value.

I'd say $500-1k, and you may be lucky to get that - hard to say.

It depends on the region.

Here in Central canada $5-7.5k

Just saw a nice one sell with no tooling for $10k

I think I need to put some sort of fuel efficient engine in my dually and start driving around for equipment. $1k Bridgeports seem pretty enticing. Machinery prices are fucked here

It depends on the region.

Here in Central canada $5-7.5k

Just saw a nice one sell with no tooling for $10k

I think I need to put some sort of fuel efficient engine in my dually and start driving around for equipment. $1k Bridgeports seem pretty enticing. Machinery prices are fucked here
If I ever make it out to the west coast I'll bring you three $1k Bridgeports and you can pay $5k for them. :lmao:

If I ever make it out to the west coast I'll bring you three $1k Bridgeports and you can pay $5k for them. :lmao:
I'd do it.

Hell I'd do $6k. Worth it 100% because of how fucked the market is and due to my time being worth more than the $3k I'd pay.

I've always made decent money going out east and bringing extra machines back to sell. Damn near always make money and get free machines for myself. Done so well with it I was going back and forth with myself about buying warehouse space and becoming a legit used machinery dealer :laughing:

Top Back Refresh