What's new

What's best: PowerTank Monster Valves or APEX Rapid deflation Valves?

Jorge Meza

Red Liner
Member Number
Loc
South Georgia
Guys what you actual users think?

Looking at the PowerTank MONSTER deflation valves and the APEX Rapid Valves.

Deflation rating seems pretty much the same. Mechanism is different. Seems like APEX is easier?

Inflation rating is not disclosed for the APEX valves.

Chime in !!

I like the adjustable screw on deflators. They're slower obviously but by the time you get to the last tire the first one's about done. I think mine are coyote brand, once I got them dialed in they've worked perfectly.

Both of those look like they'd break off easily and are probably targeted at the overland and mall crawler crowd.

Staun, set them up 10 years ago and have not moved. Screw them in and enjoy a beer.

Staun, set them up 10 years ago and have not moved. Screw them in and enjoy a beer.
Same results here. I've adjusted mine a few times as wheel/tire combos changed, but they adjusted predictably & haven't drifted between adjustments. If you're not racing to deflate, the Stauns are a solid, consistent performer.

I use the ~5 minutes the deflators take to check the rig & dick around - never once found myself pissed off waiting for 'em, and I can be an impatient mu'fugger :laughing:

I didn't like the staun ones a set of wheels I had came with. Never really seen one that I like for the money.

I had a set of just 1/4 ball valves in a set of wheels years ago. Could air down 38s in a few seconds. Hold the Guage on the stem and crack the valve with the other. Even better was airing up, I would screw in a female quick connect. Would air up quick with no restrictions.

Another one I've seen is guys using the large tractor valve stems. You can just run no core and either a standard metal cap or they make caps with a standard valve core in them.

Here's 1 stylr that would probably be perfect

Hornet Tire TR618A Tubeless Air Liquid Agriculture Valve Stem (2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9PNLW...abc_9R809ZRYEBHJ9N2XZRNR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These are the caps and size I was thinking of, can't find the stems themselves, but should be common at any place that does large tires. I heard a few guys say even with 44s+ they were almost too fast. On the other hand, a lot of those guys also never go above 10 psi.

Haltec 5 8807N-4 Large Bore Tire Valve Adapters to Standard Bore OTR Truck Farm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZX9LKS...abc_AEZD4WJYBYM46Q1K0VJS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Been running them for years.
Cut the threads tight, seal them up and dont go nutz shutting em of!

I run the monster valves, hook up the gauge on the schrader open the monster, 30 sec later close monster. Easy

The standard large tractor/equipment valves work great without all the :rainbow: brand names and marketing.

Works great if you don't forget to bring adapters or your chuck. I may modify a set of steel wheels to take the tractor valves and the standard ones like all the new fancy beadlocks with dual valve stems.

The standard large tractor/equipment valves work great without all the :rainbow: brand names and marketing.

Works great if you don't forget to bring adapters or your chuck. I may modify a set of steel wheels to take the tractor valves and the standard ones like all the new fancy beadlocks with dual valve stems.

Guess you didn't look at the shit I posted :flipoff2:

You can get caps that are adapters. Unless you're wanting higher flow to air up faster too, but I don't know why that stuff would ever leave the rig.

I have always ran a stand stem plus whatever else also.

Guess you didn't look at the shit I posted :flipoff2:

You can get caps that are adapters. Unless you're wanting higher flow to air up faster too, but I don't know why that stuff would ever leave the rig.

I have always ran a stand stem plus whatever else also.
Naw didn't read :flipoff2:

Yes the caps that are adapters are nice but having a second standard valve like some of the new beadlocks would be cool imo.

The adapters normally wouldn't leave the rig except when the wife decides to clean it out and you're stuck driving home a hour on bias ply tires with 7psi in the tires :homer:

I really like the larger valves on tires around 40" and over for inflating and deflating. Under that standard is fine imo. Doesn't take that long.

Top Back Refresh