What's new

Whats a good cheap 1/4 mile car

Pickups are a little heavy so you'd have to throw more HP at it $$$. Fox, Fairmont or SN95 is a proven combo. Start light and save a bunch of money on HP

For once I'll agree with you mr broken record. Not exactly a chevette but a close cousin. My brothers current build, 198something Isuzu I-Mark diesel

IMG-7942.jpg
Meh. The 1.8 Isuzu Diesel is still superior in every way. :flipoff2:

a $7500 Busa will do 10's with Barney in the saddle. A few "standard mods" will put it in the mid 9's with an average jockey.

i think you spelled Super Duke wrong
:lmao: they make a 1390 now!!!

But the super adventure is so damn comfy from a riding postion stand point. I did the saddle sore 1000 in 15 hours(ride 1000 miles in under 24 hours)

I have put over 40,000 miles on it in 2.5 years. I ride it like I stole it and it keeps on going. Plus I smoke like 95% of the vehicles on the road. :flipoff2:

Anything can be made to go fast in the 1/4 with enough money.

Personally, I'd look for something small, light(ish) weight and RWD. Then put in the wrench/fabrication time. Strip everything non-essential from the car; remove every ounce of weight you can. Swap in a solid axle Ford 9" with a spool and some aftermarket axles with either a ladder bar or 4 link. Make room for some big ass rear tires. Connect the "frame" rails, add a cage/bar (depending on how quick you're looking to go). Add your personal favorite engine/trans combination with a big shot of nitrous and go have fun. You can set the nitrous to come on in stages, so you don't launch so hard you become an astronomer.

When that becomes "not quick enough" for you, build the engine, add turbos and hold on.

doginbackseat.jpg

I've got a stack of 9"s laying around.
find a FWD car you like, swap the 9" in place of rear beam axle or IRS and a couple of tanks in the trunk.

a boost of up to 850hp. and just cool if you get to say "rocket car" :lmao:

1712073655421.png

I'm just trying to run 9's for under 10k. Looking for cheap ideas.
9's on that kind of budget will be tough. Best bet would be to get someone else's roller and do the boneyard LS w/ nitrous/turbo.

Taking a "stock" car and modding it to pass tech below 10.00 will require extensive chassis/cage modifications. You'll likely eat 1/2 your $10k budget (or more) in the car/chassis/suspension alone, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, a properly set up car will go faster with less HP than a poorly set up one (just look at 90% of the modded Supra's out there making 1400hp and running 13's at 150mph). Better bet would be to shoot for low 10's and add a sub 10 second certified cage to it later.

Oooh, almost forgot. MK III Supra, 7M-GTE with shimmed wastegate, AFM mods and bigger injectors. Make sure you stud the heads first, and its a 700 hp machine on the cheap.

Oooh, almost forgot. MK III Supra, 7M-GTE with shimmed wastegate, AFM mods and bigger injectors. Make sure you stud the heads first, and its a 700 hp machine on the cheap.
You know what the difference is between a 400hp Supra, a 700hp Supra and a 1400hp Supra?

Trap speed. ET's the same :laughing:

Top Back Refresh