What's new

What you got for christmas

F9399D0A-B6D7-464A-9E07-7FDC76D53F7F.jpeg

Clothes, including the lightest jackets I’ve ever worn that insulate soo well that I sweat in 10 minutes. Also got 2 pairs of du/er pants, comfy af but i don’t think they will pass the test of time.

Most importantly spent it with my niece/nephew and sister.

Those Ken Follets are the best. James Michener quality
I agree.

Last year she got me the century war trilogy (Fall of Giants, Winter of the World , Edge of Eternity) and I'm just finishing the third one now. Neat way to learn history. After finishing the first one I lent it to a friend who prior only read non-fiction. Well he got hooked and I had to lend him the second and third ones before I even finished the second.

My oldest son got me a model (glue together kit ) of a Jeep TJ Rubicon.

My wife and I are scheduling a couples massage when we can get an opening at one.

And the kicker, my wife called from CA (shes visiting her sister) and told me to throw the divorce papers in the bonfire. So, thats good.
:grinpimp:

My little sister had her first kid on the 22nd, little dude is healthy, but sis had some major postpartum complications, like needing 4 units of blood and 4 units of plasma, scary.

Sis got to come home late yesterday, she's tough, but she's got a lot of recovery ahead of her, so we've postponed Christmas with them and my folks.

Did Christmas with the in-laws yesterday.

Got a Knipex wire stripper, Milwaukee M12 heated jacket, and a Battery Daddy. I freaking love the jacket!

Jewels and I opened gifts to each other this morning, I knew most of what she got me beforehand. I got a Barnes 4WD gas tank skid plate for the TJ, I ordered it Black Friday, Gullah Geechee Home Cooking: Recipes from the Matriarch of Edisto Island, some new underwear, and she surprised the hell out of me with some full doors for the TJ. I've only had half doors and soft uppers since I got the thing in December of '99.

Jewels framed and wrapped this picture of her taking delivery of the doors back in May. Everyone in the picture was involved in the search that lasted between Feb and May of this year, there were a couple others involved that aren't pictured. The doors have been hiding in one of the guest room's closest at my parent's place since then. I laughed my ass off when I realized what I was looking at in the picture. She let me read the FB Messenger thread amongst them all as well, I was totally oblivious. I was at a loss for words, it's touching to have so many folks go out of their way for you.

321791596_1297548387866226_4365252075491714205_n.jpg

Serious? Darn Tough went woke?
Figured a Vermont company would be decent.
I've heard good things about farmtofeet also.
Yea those fuck bags went full Ben and Jerry’s and are total left woketards.

I like darn tough socks but farm to feet are the same price and they don’t seem to hate this country. I’ll be buying from farm to feet from here on out

The normal stocking staffers and a fur lined hat.

My sister asked what I wanted, so I told her to have the boys (my nephews) pick out the presents. I'm hard to buy for, but knew they would love deciding what I got.

So the 3 year old picked out a remote control cop car with lights and siren. He could hardly wait for me to open it, tried to tell me the last two days what it was.

We cruised it around the house full lights and sirens chasing his brother and my dog. (It's not fast, the dog was walking away from it).

The 6 year old got me a spinning ball drone thing with LEDs. So we spent time chasing that around the house as well.

Very good Christmas.

Dewalt cordless ratchet
Drill Doctor 750
Radial DI Box
Ninja Air Fryer
Some extra place settings for dishes
Usual Clothes - tshirts, sweaters, etc.

Was decent...had more fun giving though.

We got ourselves lamps, file cabinets and Christmas decorations. Dogs got $200 worth of toys a few weeks ago. He surprised me with a set of ceramic cookware.
We are still too sick to do anything. Crab, fish, prime rib and ducks are still in freezer.

Top Back Refresh