Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

I ran out of gas at my after work ride yesterday and had to push my bike out of a sand wash, and up a continuous grade for about 1/4 mile last night before being able to side-saddle coast it back to the car. Good lord it's a good thing I've been working out and riding the mtb lately or else that would have fucking SUCKED!

That sucks. What do you get outta a tank of fuel?
really depends on terrain and how much I'm trying to larp like I'm Destry Abbott. Full to the top, I can go like 50-60 miles at a good medium pace.
If I'm constantly WFO in the sand and pushing hard, it'll drink a ton more fuel.

Yesterday I showed up with 2/3 of a tank thinking I don't normally put down many miles at that location, then rode way longer than normal. Even after I bummed some gas off my buddy before we went out again, I still ran out.

I'm just happy I was that close to the parking spot when it happened, it had the potential to be way worse :homer:

Today on ADHD garage, I bought a beat KLX110.

PXL_20240420_232449776.jpg

Well sherco 300's are sold out. Still a few 250's available for about $9100. Might run up and check them out saturday:homer:

This took a little longer as expected about 6 weeks had issues getting the correct springs I went with some progressive springs. Then the new fork bushes were oversized by about .0015 I handed those off to my friend he got them where they should have been but it did take a week to get those back but I figured better than exchanging them.

The parts bike beater has new fork stantions, new bushes , new springs, new fork boots , new brake cable, new headset bearings and the reason for all of this new fork seals 🤔 I also put in a new headlight on sale at Walmart fir under $10

IMG_0332.png
IMG_0331.png
IMG_0330.jpeg

More mini bike rebuild stuff. Pressure washed, oil changed, new plastic on, new front tire. Found out if you own a grinder CRF250 foot pegs fit right on a KLX110. Graphics and hopefully seat cover will be here next week. Need to bend the pipe more to get it away from the plastic too.
PXL_20240427_234421121.jpg

PXL_20240428_003157523.jpg

Responsible choices were not made today:grinpimp:
Well, we're waiting!

Sold my Beta. Not sad about it TBH as I never really gelled with that bike for some reason.

On the fence of what to replace it with. YZ250FX I think is at the top of the list.

KX250X looks good but wish it had a wider ratio on the trans.

Local series dealer has a '20 Beta 350RR that was traded in.

Saw a 21' Sherco 300 SEFR local-ish for a good price.

Too many f'ing choices :laughing:

One of the guys in the group has that kx. He's pretty happy with it.

One of the other guys has a kx450x. Its been in the shop for near a year now with a computer issue that they cant fix:homer:

So after a week or so the left sliding tube on my fork rebuild has a small leak it’s in the weld where the tube is welded at the bottom hoping I can get a better look posting a pic here and check back later on the home computer screen. It’s the beginning of riding season here I need to think over what to do the long term would be replacing both sliding tubes as a set .

The quick easy lazy is to jb weld or rtv which neither will last long and bug me . I need to clean it up tomorrow morning to see if I can weld it not sure exactly what’s going on besides that little hole or dent is seeping oil out hard for me to tell as my eyes are not so good.

I also put a small bag on the side for carrying a water the other option would be to put it on the bars or use the rear grab bar I bought for my other bike I’ll see how this works out warm water is better than not water or maybe not .
IMG_0365.jpeg
IMG_0359.jpeg

I pulled the wheel off this morning and removed the paint sure as shit a small hole. I’m guessing a defect in the weld covered in paint for years I doubt it was from corrosion anyhow I need to knock the dust off the welder.

I obviously need to make sure there’s no residual oil in the hole before welding . I was thinking maybe preheating a bit and wrapping with weld blank to slowly cool down. It’s just going to be a quick tack so I’m probably overthinking this just want to fix it in one shot.

I did a little reading on the Brit bike forum on welding this older junk and the thread I read was pretty standard for welding all around go figure.

Here’s a couple pics any input on preheating appreciated I’ll report back with results .

IMG_0372.jpeg
IMG_0373.jpeg

Top Back Refresh