What's new

What Would You Give?

To retire today, fully independently retired with a pension or lump sum. The amount is up to your imagination, but what would you give for financial freedom?
​​​​​​
This conversation got sparked at work recently about retirement. I said I wish a phone would blow up in my pocket, even if it cost me a leg, at 43 I'd take that to be fully financially independent.

What would you give? What's your age?

So then What you are actually asking is bullshit

I"ll play your game

HI

My name Is TYRONE and the Thing I bought hurt me

How much money are you gonna give me to keep my cockholster shut?

Am I wrong?

Is this not what you're really sayin?

To retire today, fully independently retired with a pension or lump sum. The amount is up to your imagination, but what would you give for financial freedom?
​​​​​​
This conversation got sparked at work recently about retirement. I said I wish a phone would blow up in my pocket, even if it cost me a leg, at 43 I'd take that to be fully financially independent.

I would give the next 15 years of my life working :rasta: :flipoff2:

At this point I'm nearly there but at the same time a million miles away. I don't have a housing payment since I'm living in my friends place, I just cover all the utilities. That leaves me with cash to pay down and pay off debt and to afford the tools I've been wanting or needing that will help me once this Corona bullshit passes.

I'd like to buy a place, likely this one actually but debt has to be gone first.

This thread is retarded.

None of us want to trade our health for easy street. Especially off a bullshit litigious win in court. Fuck that

Lot of folks in here like their jobs.

And being (unty about Ted's off-the-cuff magical payout example.

I just bought the business I've worked at since '94. More work and stress, but maybe I'll get to quit by 70...

I don’t particularly like my job—it has more bad days than good, but it’s still not hell or anything. That being said, I can’t wait for retirement. I’m 40, and my wife and I are currently planning for an early retirement in about 5 years. No doubt it will end up taking more than that, but we’re saving like crazy now, so maybe we’ll get there.

since I now have something of a tangible exit plan, I wouldn’t give up health or anything to be retired. There were times in the past where I’d have given up a whole lot for it, but since I can see a path toward it, I’m less desperate.

For us, retirement will hopefully be liquidation of everything and travel for years. When we get sick of that, maybe settle down someplace in the mountains.

I think the way to make this work is to become, effectively, a villain on Irate. You have to cut your living expenses down to maybe $45k a year or so. Your income is just the portion of stocks you sell that year, so income=expenses. $45k income for 2 people means extremely low taxes, and cheap Obamacare.

So I guess that’s really my answer. I’d give up pride. Pride of earning a good living and having people envy my shit job, and using the government to subsidize my health insurance.

This thread is retarded.

None of us want to trade our health for easy street. Especially off a bullshit litigious win in court. Fuck that

Ask your "father in law" what he'd pay to get you off his property after he's done using your back for all the free labor. That's your worth since you think the whole concept is retarded.

​​​Has nothing to do with court wise one, once again you're too fuckin stupid to keep up.

And, since you brought up court, how is cashing in on court rulings any different than cashing in on the stock market?

Last edited:
Ask your "father in law" what he'd pay to get you off his property after he's done using your back for all the free labor. That's your worth since you think the whole concept is retarded.

​​​Has nothing to do with court wise one, once again you're too fuckin stupid to keep up.

Then spell it out for us asshole!

Read the first post and spell it out for yourself. If i have to think for you what's the point? What's your buyout to be independent?

I think you think like a kneegrow !

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

What does any and eveyrbody OWE me.

After all

You are the one that was hoping for a phone to blow up in your pocket...

You gonna sue ATT...VERIZON...SPRINT...METRO...

Whats your end game here kneegrow?

Should this be in the park?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you think like a kneegrow !

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

What does any and eveyrbody OWE me.

After all

You are the one that was hoping for a phone to blow up in your pocket...

You gonna sue ATT...VERIZON...SPRINT...METRO...

Whats your end game here kneegrow?

Should this be in the park?

Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.0 KB ID:	29927

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, guess I’ll give up life, 60 hours a week for the next 15 years, that ought to get me a nice retirement if I may good choices.

Every person I've asked who is on a good pension or recieved a decent compo/huge payout says they'd reverse it every day of the week if they could.

Put me on the 'I'm not sacrifcing my bod for retirement' list.

Plus as someone else said, after a long weekend I'm keen to get back to it.
Some days I can't believe I get paid for it

I wouldn’t give anything. I was raised to be a contributing member of society and do my part. I wouldn’t cut my leg off so I could live off the system.

Last edited:
i remember thinking if i had 500k i could walk, then 750k would do it and then one million. i think ill just work till they piss me off and i say fawk it.

Well, I'll bite.

I've worked for the DoD in one capacity or another my entire adult life. Back in 2012 I had an accidetnt at work and broke my right leg/ankle in 16ish places. Lost most of my range of motion and have significant arthritis and swelling in the joint. Sometime in the next few years I'll lose the use of that ankle and have to have it fused at teh joint. I fought and fanagled to stay around this long, against medical advice mind you.

Now I really honestly enjoy what I do, work as hard as I feel like on cool shit. But, my job is contengent on my membership in the National Gaurd. While I can still do my daily .civ job with the best of 'em, I just can't soldier anymore. So, I'll be retired as soon as OPM processes the packet. Decent pension, my 401k has a good enough chunk in it, full bennies for life. My pension is enogh to pay all my bills and then some, just wait for the deposits to hit. But that's not how I'm built. I've got a few other irons in the fire to keep me busy and put more cash in the bank.

That being said, I'm 36 y/o. Got a decent limp and a gnarly scar, can't overexert myself or I cant walk, can't get dehydrated or I can't walk, don't ahve the range of motion to run, or walk up and down hills and all of this will only get worse.

Oh, I have 10 and 6 y/o sons. They are all boy. I can't play any sports with them. Can't take them on real hikes. Can't run cross country with my oldest. Can't do obstacle races with my youngest. These are things I've lost.

Now I'm not crying over any of this. Things happen and you deal. I'm just saying it aint all sunshine and strippers in this early retirement game.

Well, I'll bite.

I've worked for the DoD in one capacity or another my entire adult life. Back in 2012 I had an accidetnt at work and broke my right leg/ankle in 16ish places. Lost most of my range of motion and have significant arthritis and swelling in the joint. Sometime in the next few years I'll lose the use of that ankle and have to have it fused at teh joint. I fought and fanagled to stay around this long, against medical advice mind you.

Now I really honestly enjoy what I do, work as hard as I feel like on cool shit. But, my job is contengent on my membership in the National Gaurd. While I can still do my daily .civ job with the best of 'em, I just can't soldier anymore. So, I'll be retired as soon as OPM processes the packet. Decent pension, my 401k has a good enough chunk in it, full bennies for life. My pension is enogh to pay all my bills and then some, just wait for the deposits to hit. But that's not how I'm built. I've got a few other irons in the fire to keep me busy and put more cash in the bank.

That being said, I'm 36 y/o. Got a decent limp and a gnarly scar, can't overexert myself or I cant walk, can't get dehydrated or I can't walk, don't ahve the range of motion to run, or walk up and down hills and all of this will only get worse.

Oh, I have 10 and 6 y/o sons. They are all boy. I can't play any sports with them. Can't take them on real hikes. Can't run cross country with my oldest. Can't do obstacle races with my youngest. These are things I've lost.

Now I'm not crying over any of this. Things happen and you deal. I'm just saying it aint all sunshine and strippers in this early retirement game.

Thanks for your sacrifice, service, and honest perspective. I'm anxious and worry constantly, but good at what i do and enjoy it. It's just the fucking torture of anxiety, worry, and dread that make me think about my buyout price. We only get one shot at this trip and I don't want to look back finding out I spent too much fucking time chained to desk.

:beer:

At 38, I still like working, my job is great money is now decent and going to get better. I don't want to retire, instead I am thinking about how to establish a side business to make money/have something coming in (aka own and don't touch) by the time I do retire. Also plan on investing in some rental properties soon. Game plan is to make as much as possible, and then sit back and let someone else keep making money for me one day.

You can do what you want, just go do it. Changed careers 12 years ago just to be semi-retired. I work 3 - 4 months of the year pretty much where I want. After being off work 6 months strait, I'm always ready to go back to work. I am not looking forward to full time retirement. I'll just continue to work 2 - 4 week jobs at long stretches in between.

This seems to fit here.

GgOsj5K_d.webp

​​​​​​

Top Back Refresh