What's new

What was the cause of the American Civil War?

Yep, the Supreme Court is completely infallible. They never overturn any of there own decisions. Just because they decided something that doesn’t mean it’s right. Plessy v Ferguson, Dred Scott, etc. My opinion may be meaningless to you, but it’s assholes like me who hold and voice different interpretations of the constitution that get cases brought before the Supreme Court, and that get them brought up again when the court has ruled incorrectly in the past.

You can just sit there quietly, accepting all of their choices, and reminiscing about that summer you spent with your beloved Ruth bader Ginsberg when you were both in your early 20s. I’m going to keep voicing my beliefs that a large federal government absolutely does not have anyone’s best interest in mind

Idiot. I never said SCOTUS was infallible. I merely stated that their ruling has the force of law and that your opinion is meaningless. If you don't like the SCOTUS ruling, work to get it changed. That's how our system of government works, but you'd just use COTUS to wipe your ass whenever something doesn't go the way you like.

Here kids are taught the name "Sezessions Krieg".

Direct translation of a German Schoolbook:

Around 1850 intensified in the US because of the slavery question the tensions between the northern states and the southern states.
The so-called northern states of the United States built their industry on the basis of free wage labor with independent citizens. According to the prevailing view in these states, the enslavement of 4 million black Americans was in blatant contradiction to the American Declaration of Independence to treat and treat all people as equal. Therefore, slave labor or slavery as a whole was strictly rejected as unworthy of a democratic country. In addition, was the abolition of slavery required.
The southern statesin the USA, however, especially when it came to growing cotton, with various reasons, did not believe that they could do without black slaves from Africa . Radical Southerners held the position that blacks were not American citizens and as "beings of an inferior order" (members of an inferior group) had no rights that a white man had to respect.

The conflict between the north and the slave-holding south escalates

Since the presidents of the United States were mainly provided by the Democratic Party dominating the southern states until about the middle of the 19th century, the solution to the slave question did not make any progress.
That changed when ABRAHAM LINCOLN, representing the Republican Party, won the presidential election in 1860. As President of the United States, LINCOLN immediately sided with the opponents of slavery and represented the interests of the North.
The South reacted promptly: First seven and shortly afterwards a further four southern states declared their exit from the USA, declared independence and united as the " Confederate States of America" .
LINCOLN viewed the exit as a rebellion,which he absolutely had to end as president and commander-in-chief. Shortly after his election, he decided to supply Sumter Federal Fort in Confederate South Carolina by sea. As a result, troops from South Carolina forced the captain of the fort to surrender with artillery fire.
The president's patience was exhausted. The next day, he ordered 75,000 militia officers to be recruited to quell the rebellion and imposed a naval blockade on the southern ports. The warfare began.

Since we are talking about RIGHTS and the States, who do you think is going to end up on the losing end of this in California? Yea, I'm pretty certain "who" it WILL be. Also certain who will be getting even more preferential treatment. Yes, Democrats ARE so tolerant as we continue to see.

"The California legislature has now voted to strike these words from our state constitution:

“The state shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin.”"

This will also stop minorities from getting more that they deserve though?

Germany is trying to delete "race" from their Constitution only.

The narrative among the left (and the 1619 project) is that this country was built on slavery. I contend that it was built despite slavery.

De Tocqueville in his Democracy in America describes crossing the Mason-Dixon line. He said that the industriousness, entrepreneurship and zeal for work he saw in the Northern states was replaced in the Southern states by Old World values, which De Tocqueville was very familiar with. In the Europe of the time, wealthy nobles dedicated their time to art, war or religion. Running or starting a business was something poor people did... Or those schmucks in the North.

The economy of the South back then was dependent on extracting and trading stuff that grew on the ground. They needed steam locomotives, tools, railroad tracks and manufactured goods... Made and invented in the North. Even the cannons they used to fire on Ft. Sumter were all made in the North.

Smashing that system was good for many reasons. So yes, this country became a superpower despite slavery.

Last edited:
It very certainly succeeded despite slavery.
Same thing today.
It will succeed until the Constitution / Democracy is toppled.

Pun intended.

Blah blah blah. And the south will rise again. The only reason the south could ever rise again is because so many northerners have moved there.

The south was full of inbred morons who were too lazy to do their own work, so they enslaved an even less educated people without the capability to fight back.

Slave owners and any who support them were vile disgusting trash who should have hung at the end of the ropes they terrified innocent people with.

That is a remarkably bad take on the discussion. Are you trolling or having a stroke?

Top Back Refresh