What's new

what to do with these different roast?

Honky Lips

Welcome to the shit show.
Member Number
Loc
Omaha, Ne “ish”
bread and butter, sirloin tip and rolled rump roast. what should i do with these remainn from the last 1/4 beef?

1) Missippi pot roast sandwiches
2) Sprikle with beef rub and slap that fucker on the surface of the sun until medium rare. Slice and make sandwiches
3) Beef stew

I make beef stew in a pressure cooker with the cheap roasts.
Pressure allows higher temperatures to break down the sinew quickly without drying it out.

Old school pressure cooker or instant pot?
A Presto stainless 6-quart I bought 20-ish years ago. The nanny-state handle lock is annoying, but what can you do?
Wasn't really familiar with the instant pot so I looked it up. I try to avoid any appliance with electronic touch pad gadgetry, and Fuck No to a phone app connection. (Yes, I'm a grumpy old fart.)

Instant pot is super handy! Never thought we'd use it as much as we do.
I’m a bachelor, it’s a miracle invention to me. I have a bunch of roasts and stuff. I make green chili stew all the time in mine. I was wondering how many minutes he was doing

A Presto stainless 6-quart I bought 20-ish years ago. The nanny-state handle lock is annoying, but what can you do?
Wasn't really familiar with the instant pot so I looked it up. I try to avoid any appliance with electronic touch pad gadgetry, and Fuck No to a phone app connection. (Yes, I'm a grumpy old fart.)
Get a insta pot. It’s an awesome time saver. We use the old school pressure cookers to do all the canning from the garden.

I’m a bachelor, it’s a miracle invention to me. I have a bunch of roasts and stuff. I make green chili stew all the time in mine. I was wondering how many minutes he was doing
Gotcha.
I've put some several year old beef roasts in the insta with Tapatio barbacoa marinade, 60 minutes pressure. You'd never even know it was old freezer burnt meat.:eek:

Put roast in pressure cooker with 1/2 inch of water in bottom.
One onion, two cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, and your favorite seasoning dumped in.

Cook for one hour at 15 psi.
Open and add potatoes and carrots.
Cook for another 15 minutes.

Open and drain juice in saucepan. Add beef gravy mix in saucepan and now you have a meal.

I’ve made this recipe many times, it’s delicious and easy. Good way to use up some roasts.

Instant Pot French Dip

Poor man’s burnt ends. Google it. Tons of recipes if you need it.

Did it last weekend, they were awesome.

Get a insta pot. It’s an awesome time saver. We use the old school pressure cookers to do all the canning from the garden.
Yup, instapot for cooking and real pressure cooker for canning I've got one of the original ones and it's still going strong. :smokin:
Put roast in pressure cooker with 1/2 inch of water in bottom.
One onion, two cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, and your favorite seasoning dumped in.

Cook for one hour at 15 psi.
Open and add potatoes and carrots.
Cook for another 15 minutes.

Open and drain juice in saucepan. Add beef gravy mix in saucepan and now you have a meal.
No! No! Do not use a packet to make gravy! Use the pan you browned your roast in, throw in 2T butter and flour. Cook until it's tan to brown, add spices, now add beef juices. Bring to a boil and let cool, adjust thickness with liquid or some Wondra. :flipoff2:

Reactions: IGT
Crockpot. Put roast in and dump a jar of sliced pepperoncini's on top and add a bit of water if needed. Let er cook.

Or dump a jar of pickles in there instead. My wife uses the small whole pickles that she and her mom put up. I know it sounds weird, but it's damn good.

Those are probably the two easiest/fastest roast recipes.

Reactions: IGT
Top Back Refresh