What's new

What the hell, mixer?

subybaja

E. Spengler
Member Number
Loc
Spenard Ak
When I run the mixer, the coffee grinder comes along for the ride!

Is the mixer speed control feeding back into the line somehow? The grinder switch is soft, not-clicky, so it's electronic and something is bypassing it?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:laughing:

I put LED lights in the garage and the washing machine is on an agitation cycle they dim. When it first happened I was like WTF? Why are my lights dimming and flickering? Then I heard the wsher behind me engage the drum in one direction and the lights dimmed. Momentary pause and they were bright again, then they dimmed again.

:laughing:

I put LED lights in the garage and the washing machine is on an agitation cycle they dim. When it first happened I was like WTF? Why are my lights dimming and flickering? Then I heard the wsher behind me engage the drum in one direction and the lights dimmed. Momentary pause and they were bright again, then they dimmed again.

LED bulbs in your door opener's sockets can make the remote not work
coworker found that one out a while back

reminds me, I gotta look up some real nice LED bulbs. If they last forever like they should, I'd get some that are 20 bucks apiece...

When I run the mixer, the coffee grinder comes along for the ride!

Is the mixer speed control feeding back into the line somehow? The grinder switch is soft, not-clicky, so it's electronic and something is bypassing it?

:confused: :confused: :confused:]

Get an extension cord, plug into your bedroom outlet, plug coffee grinder into bedroom cord, run your mixer, and report back.

Gonna need a couple experiments for me to guess.

Do you have a volt meter?

Wall voltage is 121.7, and no real change with the mixer on high. Different circuit across the kitchen doesn't do it.

Try moving it further away from the mixer but plugged in to the same socket. Maybe the grinder has some sensitive digital board on the switch and the mixer is throwing an EMF thats tripping the switch.

[486 said:
;n211735]

reminds me, I gotta look up some real nice LED bulbs. If they last forever like they should, I'd get some that are 20 bucks apiece...

My old man's been fighting that for like 2 years now. I looked it up and told him what I read. 'no no no that doesn't make sense I'm not going back to paying the electric bill for old bulbs anymore.' ok buddy whatever you want

lol
"when I get home it opens with the remote fine, why doesn't it close with the remote when I'm leaving?"

[486 said:
;n211735]

MOTHERFUCKER I moved into my house and the light in the garage sucke so I put leds in the door opener fo extra light.

Let's just say that I wish that I would have known this sooner.

I have the same grinder, gets warm to the touch if I leave it plugged in.

MOTHERFUCKER I moved into my house and the light in the garage sucke so I put leds in the door opener fo extra light.

Let's just say that I wish that I would have known this sooner.

I exclusively buy Phillips for the A6 or whatever they call the normal light base bulbs because of issues like this.

I also really research other brands and if they flicker. feit brand is the worst. Can’t even take a picture without getting rolling shutter effect. Makes my eyes hurt too if I’m around them long enough. I put a bunch of Torchstar brand lights inside and zero flicker. About to try them in the garage so we’ll see if my theory stands up...

The mixer has an old school motor on it. if you move them further apart does the grinder still come on? magnetic switch maybe? Seems like you have conditions for fun experiments.

Try twisting the cords around each other. Might make it better, might make it worse. I really don't know and want to see

Top Back Refresh