What's new

What is the ranking of common grocery store beef cuts?

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
I am not going to a butcher. I don't care about getting duh bestest stakes.

What is the quality precedent for cuts of beef roast and steak?

Here are my choices:

Roasts

Top round
bottom round
chuckeye
bone-in lip-on ribeye (yes this is the #1, I'm giving you my options)
eye of round roast
round roast
English

Steaks:

top sirloin strip
top loin
ribeye (fuck yeah I know they're good)
eye of round steak
top sirloin filet
chuckeye steak
porterhouse steak
bottom round steak

Those are my choices.

There's plenty of webpages out there and I can't make hide nor hair of them. Butchery is a dishonest business no doubt.

There is a number ranking of this shit, because these lying fags charge different prices. So what's the order of precedence?

Hunt for your own meat. When that runs out NY strip, Top Sirloin, Ribeyes, are my favorites.

Has anyone had Kobe wagyu? been meaning to order a few and cook it on a special occasion but its kinda steep.

'Course I could get a hell of a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

811uwOfNbYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

top round for that. less fat. I really should start making that again.

The cuts I get are usually very lean. Every once in awhile I may see one vane of fat that I just cut away and discard. I may try top round to see if I notice much difference.

top round for that. less fat. I really should start making that again.

Everyone has always said that top round and london broil are 100% exactly the same in every way, despite me looking at london broil and top round both priced differently at the store.
???

Hunt for your own meat. When that runs out NY strip, Top Sirloin, Ribeyes, are my favorites.

Has anyone had Kobe wagyu? been meaning to order a few and cook it on a special occasion but its kinda steep.

Get you some Wagyu for special occasions it is worth it to us. I raise mini black angus and its good but a rancher down the road raises wagyu and it has been worth the price. I'll get ribeyes from them a few times a year. Been running about $25 a pound.

Everyone has always said that top round and london broil are 100% exactly the same in every way, despite me looking at london broil and top round both priced differently at the store.
???

London Broil is a cooking method technically mostly used on top round. The price difference you are seeing is plan old marketing.

chateau briand is a too oft forgotten meat wonder.

In my Meat Church, it is a deacon.:mr-t::mr-t::mr-t::mr-t::mr-t::mr-t:

'Course I could get a hell of a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

Yes we know, you love John Candy.

That picture is great, only I'd like to have it ranked, 1 - 27 or whatever.

Butchers are dishonest and won't do this. Just opinions.

Good opinions in this thread though, but not exactly what I asked for. Still, appreciated.

Top Back Refresh