What's new

What is the name of this auto insurance?

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I posted about it on the other forum a couple of years ago as I met a guy that had it.

I am looking for a liability only insurance that covers all the vehicles I own (currently 5)

I am sick of paying full premium on each vehicle when i can only drive one at a time.

The word started with a "B" I think?

It is like fleet insurance but for personal cars.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

I have tried searching for the last hour and haven't found it.

"Broad Form Insurance" is what the term is I am looking for.

Looking into it now, trying to see if it works for me.

I want to drive my fleet of cheap ass beaters around without paying $500 a month in insurance as that defeats the purpose of driving cheap shit.

Been thinning about this too, read the old thread at the old place, forgot the name

Please update with what you find

I just got a quote from this company.

https://www.sr22-insurance-policies.com/broad-form/sr22.aspx

This insurance is only available in some states, Tennessee is one of them.

For me the quote sounds good, coverage on an unlimited amount of cars for me only (does not cover anyone else driving, I am fine with that)

100k / 300k insurance plus the same for uninsured / underinsured

$900 for the year for my 5 cars

I checked my current policy with Progressive and I pay $2,100 / yr for 2 cars same coverage.

Sr22 is a form of insurance you have to get after a dui. At least in CA. Ask me how I know

I’ve got broad form insurance through Bristol west insurance witch is affiliated with Farmers insurance group.

Sr22 is a form of insurance you have to get after a dui. At least in CA. Ask me how I know

I too am familiar. :beer:

I am not sure why that link has the SR22 in, most likely SEO reasons.

The dude has already emailed me over the quote and seems like a professional operation.

Do they have options to add comprehensive coverage in case cars you like get stolen or burned up in a garage fire or some other random shit out of your control happens?

Do they have options to add comprehensive coverage in case cars you like get stolen or burned up in a garage fire or some other random shit out of your control happens?

Not that I have seen.

Basically it is good insurance if you have a fleet of cheap ass cars

I am concerned with bumping into someone and them "turning their wreck into a check!"

I am not concerned that much with replacing my $3k vehicle

I used to have broad form. It lets you out cheap comprehensive insurance on whatever you want but carry liability and collision on your license. Liability is the expensive part here in WA since it's required.

Last edited:
I used to have broad form. It lets you out cheap comprehensive insurance on whatever you want but carry liability and collision on your license. Liability is the expensive part here in WA since it's required.

Nice.

I hope this exists when and where I retire and build a fleet.

Not that I have seen.

Basically it is good insurance if you have a fleet of cheap ass cars

I am concerned with bumping into someone and them "turning their wreck into a check!"

I am not concerned that much with replacing my $3k vehicle

I used to do some small time car flipping when I lived in NY.

1 or 2 cars a month, and always sub 1k Subarus

They all got temp plates, liability, and because I didn't want to lose money if stolen, comprehensive.

I paid 800 for a Saab 9-2x(impreza). Put head gaskets in it over a weekend

I hit a deer with it. Usaa paid me 900 and change for repairs.

I repaired nothing at all, and sold the car for almost 3k

I like comprehensive, even on cheap shit.

I got the policy today.

It is through Dairyland Insurance

I now have all 5 of my cars insured with an insurance card for each one of them

I went from $2,200 a year for just 3 of them insured (2 I didn't have insured and tried to not drive them much) to $906 per year for all 5

Same coverage level which is 100/300 plus the under / no insured 100/300 as well.

I am happy and recommend this type of coverage for guys that have lots of vehicles.

I can add or remove cars at any time with no additional charges.

I got the policy today.

It is through Dairyland Insurance

I now have all 5 of my cars insured with an insurance card for each one of them

I went from $2,200 a year for just 3 of them insured (2 I didn't have insured and tried to not drive them much) to $906 per year for all 5

Same coverage level which is 100/300 plus the under / no insured 100/300 as well.

I am happy and recommend this type of coverage for guys that have lots of vehicles.

I can add or remove cars at any time with no additional charges.

So you can add more and it doesn't raise your rates at all?

I have always dreamed of something like this since I have six registered and insured shit boxes that I just carry liability on, and it just makes so much sense to have liability insurance for the driver rather than the vehicle since I can only drive one car at a time.

Unfortunately after looking into it after reading your post, I found out it is only available in the following states:
  • Colorado
  • Delaware
  • Idaho
  • Iowa
  • Maryland
  • Mississippi
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • Ohio
  • Tennessee
  • Washington

So you can add more and it doesn't raise your rates at all?

correct, that is the point of this type of insurance, I can have 50 cars on there, same rate.

The insurance covers me as a driver, I can only drive one car at a time, this is what makes normal insurance policies such a fucking scam.

correct, that is the point of this type of insurance, I can have 50 cars on there, same rate.

The insurance covers me as a driver, I can only drive one car at a time, this is what makes normal insurance policies such a fucking scam.

This is liability only, correct?

What happens if you have teenager in the family without a license and they get involved in a accident ?

What happens if you have teenager in the family without a license and they get involved in a accident ?

Are you asking would the insurance cover it = no, only you are insured, no one else is covered.

Are you asking would it effect your rate for this insurance = no it does not, only your driving record effects your rate.

Nicely they only go back 3 years, which for me means clean record, 5-7 years that would be a different story.

Are you asking would the insurance cover it = no, only you are insured, no one else is covered.

Are you asking would it effect your rate for this insurance = no it does not, only your driving record effects your rate.

Nicely they only go back 3 years, which for me means clean record, 5-7 years that would be a different story.

I asked because when my kids hit a certain age the insurance went up, I had asked about it and it would have covered us, remember you would still be liable being you are the parents blah blah

I asked because when my kids hit a certain age the insurance went up, I had asked about it and it would have covered us, remember you would still be liable being you are the parents blah blah

Ah, yeah if you have under 18 drivers you need all the insurance you can have.

In Nevada when I lived there in the 80's it was called an operator's policy.

Not available in my state. Getting really tired of paying over $3k/year for my fleet of three, especially when only one of them is drivable at any given moment. Liability should be per license, not per vehicle.

Top Back Refresh