What's new

What helmet color you think matches the best?

woods

I probably did it wrong.
Member Number
I know it sounds :rainbow: but I'm going to drop a few hundred on a new helmet.

The bike:

MKyscqB - Copy.jpg

5e973d0d02554e7e63373173.jpg

28229_0_1_4_gsx650f_Image credits - Suzuki.jpg

And here's the helmets I'm looking at:

https://www.shoei-helmets.com/helmets/rf-1200.html

Straight up red maybe?
rf-1200-shinered_9_1.jpg

Brawn?

rf-1200-brawn_tc-1.jpg

Rumpus?

rf-1200_rumpus_tc-10.jpg

Liberal?

rf-1200_harmonic_tc-7.jpg

The solid red one doesn't look too bad.

strokes beard questionably

Thoughts?

The first is the closest. That bike's orange, not red.

Fag.

Yea, it kind of changes depending on the light. Its reddish/orange.

Think that solid one is what I'm going to go with.

Awww, going for color coordination, how cute? :rainbow: you gunning for my shoe title or ???? Flowers? WTF is wrong with you?

Helmet only for this bike? It will look weird riding non-color coordinated bikes then. I always try to go white/silver (or white/silver base anyway for visibility). I guess flamer red will be visible :flipoff2:

White helmet - "matches" all bikes, gets the least hot in blazing sun, and is highly visible.

. . . but that fuschia w/ dingleberry flowers is oh-so-cute - you go, girl! :flipoff2:

Awww, going for color coordination, how cute? :rainbow: you gunning for my shoe title or ???? Flowers? WTF is wrong with you?

Helmet only for this bike? It will look weird riding non-color coordinated bikes then. I always try to go white/silver (or white/silver base anyway for visibility). I guess flamer red will be visible :flipoff2:

I've got an AT-950 modular for the other bikes. Its kind of chincy and noisy as hell. But it works fine. This bike is here to stay, so looking to get something that matches it. I'm thinking the solid red.

Man, I've had about two dozen bikes and this thing is the TITS. Smooth as all hell with Ohlins f/r, its a 650 so it fast "enough" without getting me into trouble, the luggage is awesome, the power is there. I love this bike. Its the #1 spot for me.

I've got an AT-950 modular for the other bikes. Its kind of chincy and noisy as hell. But it works fine. This bike is here to stay, so looking to get something that matches it. I'm thinking the solid red.

Man, I've had about two dozen bikes and this thing is the TITS. Smooth as all hell with Ohlins f/r, its a 650 so it fast "enough" without getting me into trouble, the luggage is awesome, the power is there. I love this bike. Its the #1 spot for me.

I'm between that or the Vstrom for my next bike:smokin:

I like the straight red as well. It goes with the bike, love the red and white aesthetic. Honda for life!

I have an HJC that is a real nice helmet, but it is a bitch to get my ears in place.

Add my blue tooth speakers and it gets worse.

Just giving you a hard time... cool bike. Is the Ohlins in the fork a cartridge replacement type upgrade or did they come factory with it? replaced rear shock?

Solid black works with everything.

Yea, that's what my modular is.

Place in CA has that red one for $100 off. Give them a call. Ask about returns if its too small.

I know it sounds :rainbow: but I'm going to drop a few hundred on a new helmet.

The bike:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you have spent a life being gray and drab. You fit in with your workmates, many of whom have awful hygiene to go along with the dismal aesthetic they surround themselves with. The trash dump in your yard, the less-decorated model of SuperDuty. The age of the crack repairs on your worn subdivision street.

Now you have something to enjoy. It has no purpose (oh you tell yourself you commute and whatnot but this is a toy). You got a toy, it's a nice looking toy, and you don't want to be on the road in the same drab, dull, gray chaos which makes up the rest of your life.

You still have that last bit of embarrassment about treating yourself I bet. You could just be a typical IBB selfish slob, but I'd guess you've made about a thousand decisions for the lower-grade, lesser-optioned, non-matching item.

Maybe there's even an element of guilt. Guilt that you didn't provide more Pretty for those in your life, but instead of recognizing it as a limitation, you like most men assumed the drab asthetic because if you make it your choice that dulls the sting of reality.

I'm the same way so I don't look down on you. Like you, I actually prefer more utilitarian looks, but some things are meant to be pretty and one of those things is a motorcycle. An item with no practical use whatsoever in the USA outside of a few odd municipalities.

Just get the red helment. I hope you get the red helmet and all matched up, and are driving down the road some time and say "fuck everyone" You have a right to look cool fren.

Reactions: DMG
My thoughts are that you have spent a life being gray and drab. You fit in with your workmates, many of whom have awful hygiene to go along with the dismal aesthetic they surround themselves with. The trash dump in your yard, the less-decorated model of SuperDuty. The age of the crack repairs on your worn subdivision street.

Now you have something to enjoy. It has no purpose (oh you tell yourself you commute and whatnot but this is a toy). You got a toy, it's a nice looking toy, and you don't want to be on the road in the same drab, dull, gray chaos which makes up the rest of your life.

You still have that last bit of embarrassment about treating yourself I bet. You could just be a typical IBB selfish slob, but I'd guess you've made about a thousand decisions for the lower-grade, lesser-optioned, non-matching item.

Maybe there's even an element of guilt. Guilt that you didn't provide more Pretty for those in your life, but instead of recognizing it as a limitation, you like most men assumed the drab asthetic because if you make it your choice that dulls the sting of reality.

I'm the same way so I don't look down on you. Like you, I actually prefer more utilitarian looks, but some things are meant to be pretty and one of those things is a motorcycle. An item with no practical use whatsoever in the USA outside of a few odd municipalities.

Just get the red helment. I hope you get the red helmet and all matched up, and are driving down the road some time and say "fuck everyone" You have a right to look cool fren.

What?

Thoughts. He asked for thoughts. I gave him some of my thoughts.

I just follow directions and thread rules around here and people get bent up about it. I've got guys in another thread accusing me of trying to live the easy life on a $500 investment because I won't drive to Montana to pick brush out of some old lady's gutters.

Thoughts. He asked for thoughts. I gave him some of my thoughts.

I just follow directions and thread rules around here and people get bent up about it. I've got guys in another thread accusing me of trying to live the easy life on a $500 investment because I won't drive to Montana to pick brush out of some old lady's gutters.

Are you drunk? :laughing:

His grandma is going to be disappointed that he’s drinking the $500 she gave him instead of doing something productive with it.

:shaking: What complete bullshit. My grandma gave me a personal check for $18.32.

White is right. Write on it your blood type, emergency contact and allergies some where first responders will see it.

Last edited:
White is right. Write on it your blood type, emergency contact and allergies some were first respinders will see it.

I've got a stack of medical ID stickers I put on everything. Blood type is a no-go as I cannot get blood transfusions. :homer:

Top Back Refresh