What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Did the rear drums and burped the cooling system of the F150 and then drove it back to the transmission shop to have them fix a leak. Was hoping to do the 1-ton swap before I had to work on these axles/brakes but now they're just about 100% rebuilt. Oh well.

PXL_20210815_150134404.MP.jpg

Not today but Wed put a battery and fresh propane tank on this bitch for the first time in 11 years started right up and drove it out the door.

Then proceeded to pull the stock broken and scabbed back together c's off and install new Solid ones.
20210815_113645.jpg
20210818_193236.jpg

Dropped at dealer for… recalls.

who messes up a rear axle that requires possible replacement due to cracking at a perch in this day and age? :rolleyes:

Mounted the LED brake light bar bracket:

_nc_ohc=ULEZ1Ox_6lYAX_PwHZc&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=3Royw9VfF4MAX_NZJgo&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=EIeAHA0rbKIAX-UuZV8&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Since the camper sticks out 3ft beyond the tail lights and 1ft beyond the lowered tailgate; I figured said LED tail light bar would keep me legal.
'

Ordered an EGR valve and position sensor; hoping this will get the Bronco running again.

Definite silver lining to this ordeal is I took care of long overdue routine maintenance:
1) Rotor/cap replacement
2) Fuel filter replacement
3) Inspecting & re-gapping spark plugs
4) Inspected/cleaned air filter
5) Learning how the Bronco engine works :homer:

I haven't had a chance to do any work on her since the exhaust debacle but I did get insurance on it today and am going to morrow morning to get plates for it. I have some stuff here for the bed but need to buy some 3" channel and get my ass in gear on the bed. I still need to install the new front shocks and put the inner fender liners back in.

Side note: anyone know if the length of the front coil spring is the same as newer models? I think mine are weak and I have a set of new take offs but no clue what year they came off of. I'll get the numbers off the tags on the new springs tomorrow if that will help ID them.

Well I got her registered, got the front shocks on and the fender liners in (sort of, fenders are rusted) LOL
I just ordered some gas tank straps to replace the stylin' ratchet strap on there now :eek:
I've got to order some 3m double sided tape to hold the flairs on, debating on just ordering a pair of fenders!

Helped my son secure the bed on his F-150. The PO left one nut off the front right bolt that holds the bed down. He also got a lesson in not jacking up the threads you need to use and retapping threads. :laughing:

Topped off fluids and tightened hose clamps that I was surprised but happy to find loose (the alternative being that I would need a new ps hose or fuel pump gasket). Also was nice to find that my NP205 and front d44 weren't leaking as fast as I thought.

Pad slapped the Aerostar and replaced a brake hose. It magically seems to have cured my massive shake on braking so that was an unexpected win. I was just hoping to buy time. :laughing:

I got the two main frames and the hinges built for the dump bed. I ended up just bolting the front down for now, I threw some 5/4 PT on it temporarily as I have to deliver a grapple tomorrow morning.
X0JM1WRl.jpg

ctcmCtdl.jpg

M57OrKml.jpg
She had a pretty bad skip/shake to it on the way to the lumber yard. I stopped at the auto parts store and bought a can of seafoam, I think it ran better on the way back. I remember the kid I bought it from telling me it was misfiring on the right rear cylinder so he unplugged the injector. I plugged it back in. I will run it again tomorrow and see how it goes.
I'm no Ford guy...lol

Well when the bitch runs good it runs great, but not for long or often. I'm afraid it has the dreaded timing chain/phaser issues. It made it over and back today but it was a struggle at every stop light, brake and gas to keep it from stalling. I've been watching U-toob vids on the problem and it "could" be one of several things or multiple things combined. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it at this point. It seems a shame that after doing the exhaust manifolds, y pipe with cats and new exhaust it has to go and run like shit! I suppose I could start with the cam solenoids and the phasers then see what happens after that. I'm pretty sure it's got a skip too :flipoff:

Well I put the oil in, not dead yet! I also installed the new gas tank straps. I was advised to buy a new set of coils and be done with that erratic misfire, today it was cyl 7

Put her on a snapon reader today, coils and injectors working properly, misfire on #7, bad plug! :nuke:
I bought a 9/16 plug socket, no go, someone had already rounded the corners off :shocked:
I borrowed a snap on deepwell ez out and it took it right out, threw a new motorcraft plug in and she runs pearl :dustin:
Gonna give her a good test later as I have to deliver a grapple about a half hour away. It goes down the road pretty nice :beer:

Well the delivery went well, truck ran great, i found I need to get the tires balanced....:eek:

Last edited:
LKQOnline Gotta put in 2011+ F250/F350 for the locking diff version. I figure the time, gas, and effort to pull one at the yards is worth the freight shipping. Bought my 05+ D60 on Ebay the same way a year ago.
Cool thanks although I'm not shopping now, well now I am my Google fu sucks and I can never find anything.

Flare decided to split after ~2wk in service. Fixed this in the work parking lot. Turns out a split flare will sometimes fuck up a brass union enough that you can't get it to seal after you fix the flare.

4c641b10af063d3019f64cb09edde24924ff3fec-1.jpg

Flare decided to split after ~2wk in service. Fixed this in the work parking lot. Turns out a split flare will sometimes fuck up a brass union enough that you can't get it to seal after you fix the flare.
Double flare or single?

Top Back Refresh