What clutch parts in this V8 FJ60?

Projectjunkie

Whatever
Member Number
Loc
Tucson Az
Craigslist is dangerous:laughing:

I have a 83 FJ60 with a Goodwrench 350, non vortec, non center bolt heads

it has the Toyota 4 speed, but with a Ranger overdrive box between the tranny and bell housing

The throw out bearing is shot, why the rig sat for years.

I tore it down and found a 10 spline 11" disc with 5 springs.
The flywheel appears to have a GM number, and is only drilled for the single set of holes.
The whole thing looks a lot like a factory Toyota clutch kit from the online pics, I just went to be squared away walking into the local jobber shop tomorrow.

Bonus points, WTF is the starter off of?
Delco 3 bolt, only using 2 bolts 90 degrees from each other that run horizontally into the bell, very very similar to 1965 c10, but clocked incorrectly

I'll get pics this evening

thanks in advance :beer:

67-81 big block Camaro.

Last edited:
Totally different, looks like a 57 corvette, just rotated another 45 degrees

Hmmmm. I originally thought 55+ vette. Totalnewb would know most likely.

Im wondering if that clutch came from advanced adapters.

Last edited:
Update
all the clutch parts appear to be standard Chevy truck stuff, on the shelf at the parts house, cool.
A little research later turns up that this is the way to do the swap, spec your ranger box for Chevy on the front, Toyota on the back, and the 7"box makes up for the shorter engine, and you don't need to move the tranny or modify drive shafts, cool.

then i realized the bearing retainer with the shaft for the throw out to ride was broken/ disintegrated, and that the throw out had been floating on the input shaft. I don't think it's a sm465 part, and it's the weekend, nobody is answering their phone.

I couldn't remove the retainer, it came out 1/4" but stopped, maybe it'll come out if I remove the bell.

I found a piece of tube with close ID OD and welded it to the retainer plate, but couldn't get decent welds.

I got pissed off and called it a day. I had hoped to slam this back together. I had high hopes with all new clutch and flywheel at 9am this morning:laughing:

Update

it probably is an sm465 part, or a clone from one, possibly modified, but i need this thing done and bezos has cheap parts, but lousy lead times, so i went to advanced adaptors.
they were frustrating to deal with, they literally are open m-f from 9 to 315 with a 90 minute lunch break, they mentioned they return calls during that time. I dunno. It took forever to get ahold of them, then they said they'd try to ship it Thursday. This was Monday...
They did find me my part, I asked politely to help move it out the door, and I was surprised to see it on my step this afternoon.

I'd asked about business, they said they've been slammed, guess lots of people wrenching these days.

anyways maybe I'll get some time with it tomorrow

Top Back Refresh