What's new

What Axles??

pumpkin_seed

Member Number
Hello all

Newb question, have a 2007 dodge megacab 1500. Just about end of life now, so am thinking of ripping out the 5.7 tranny etc.Just wondered while I do some research, what axles are in it, and if they were any good for wheeling, and they worth the effort or not to take those off as well before I scrap it??

Thanks

Consensus will be not worth it. Front is IFS , nobody swaps those. The rear is “I think” 9.25, nobody swaps those either.

Keep the 5.7 and that’s it.

Same axles as the gasser 2500. Megacab 1500's are a rebadged 2500 with softer springs. Not incredibly sought after, but worth keeping out of the scrap pile.

Very loosly speaking dodge axles are not desirable in any kinda swap or build. With superduty front 60s being so cheap and strong out of the box it doesnt really make sence to mess with much else... unless your going with a random lightweight build that requires something like yotas or 9" stuff.

Gotcha !!
Thanks. Planning to strip it to fund upgrades to 59 Series 2a land rover. Now I know they wont be high demand item's , but might be worth something more than the wrecker will give me. If any one has links to any one whos done a build like that, be appreciated. Been internetting it for years trying to glean as much as I can for how to's, but not alot out there.Thanks All!

Top Back Refresh