What's new

Went wheeling today

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I hope I don't get kicked out of GCC

Took my girl to some mild trails, wasn't much of a place.

There was an area with some mud holes so thought I would play in them some.

This one was WAY deeper than I thought it would be.

I at first tried to pull it out backwards with a come-a-long and strap but wasn't budging.

My remote hook up for the winch is under the hood drivers side next to the firewall, had to use the inside switch which was not the best setup.

I will have to rethink that location.

Anyway all good, beside this the Tracker went anywhere without struggling.

243091525_945063166078857_4469081646517350877_n.jpg

In my wheeler, I keep the winch controller and a tree saver between the seats. Quick access and I can throw them to someone outside if necessary

In my wheeler, I keep the winch controller and a tree saver between the seats. Quick access and I can throw them to someone outside if necessary
you have the socket for the winch controller on the center counsel?

That is not a bad idea as I could take it out either window and control the winch from either side.

I like it.

You still open front and rear?

If you're planning on a mini spool, I may have one available.

I get what you mean on the winch, I hate not having an in cab switch, but on my samurai that's all I have, and it sucks too. Remote control is best, but I've bought 2 (cheapie) and niether worked....

That is not a bad idea as I could take it out either window and control the winch from either side.

I like it.

I think he means the controller it's self, then you can stand at the front and control it, or bring it through the window.

I get what you mean on the winch, I hate not having an in cab switch, but on my samurai that's all I have, and it sucks too. Remote control is best, but I've bought 2 (cheapie) and niether worked....
The cordless ones?

Don't you know, this isn't an offroad forum lol :laughing:.

Looks like a blast, UTV tires I assume? I bet they do pretty well on that little rig. Interesting thoughts about how convenient and accessible the winch remote hookup is in precarious scenarios

I bought a mini spool already and my buddy is putting it in next week along with the front diff rotation kit I bought from Russia.

I have a switch on the left side of the steering wheel, that is what I had to use today.

I would have preferred to be outside of the vehicle.

Don't you know, this isn't an offroad forum lol :laughing:.

Looks like a blast, UTV tires I assume? I bet they do pretty well on that little rig. Interesting thoughts about how convenient and accessible the winch remote hookup is in precarious scenarios
yes UTV tires which work really good.

I am kinda thinking about mounting it through the hood in the center which should work good from anywhere.

I like it.
No, I keep the wired remote between the seats

I often see dudes hung up on something, then have to dig through their storage boxes to find their controller. It takes forever and can be a safety issue if it’s in a bad spot.

Besides having the winch socket on the center console; my recovery points are hooks. "D" rings can be a fucking hassle to hook up, especially when under muddy water. :smokin:

If he doesn’t want the mini spool and it will fit my Sami I am interested

I bought a mini spool already and my buddy is putting it in next week along with the front diff rotation kit I bought from Russia.

I have a switch on the left side of the steering wheel, that is what I had to use today.

I would have preferred to be outside of the vehicle.

Wtf is a diff rotation kit?

Being in the driver seat is always best, winching without also trying to drive is pretty hard on stuff if you don't have to.

yes UTV tires which work really good.

I am kinda thinking about mounting it through the hood in the center which should work good from anywhere.

Just get a decent remote kit and leave everything how it is. That way you have backups.

Besides having the winch socket on the center console; my recovery points are hooks. "D" rings can be a fucking hassle to hook up, especially when under muddy water. :smokin:

Fred did a dirt daily on that, he likes those dual recovery point deals with a hook and hole for a shackle. Best of both worlds, since sometimes it's nice to be more secure than just a hook.

If he doesn’t want the mini spool and it will fit my Sami I am interested

Well I didn't think it would fit a samurai, but I just looked it up and it does also fit a samurai. Guess I didn't have to weld my samurai diff :laughing:

Shoot me a pm with an offer and maybe we can figure it out.

If your come-a-long didnt budge it, then you need a bigger come-a-long.

Doesnt harbor frieght sell a wireless kit for like $40

If your come-a-long didnt budge it, then you need a bigger come-a-long.

Doesnt harbor frieght sell a wireless kit for like $40
When I went to Harbor Freight they were all out of the big come-a-longs so I bought the little one, I need to go
get the big one.

I'd cue up the Bobzooki pic that this reminds me of. But i ain't on my '00s laptop and this ain't 2006. Some of you will remember the Mr Bill chop. :laughing:

I really should do that , mine are in the back and I would screwed .

Bunch of fawking slackers in here. Crispy mentions wheeling and everyone gets all excited and forgot to ask for pictures of the lady friend:flipoff2:

Bunch of fawking slackers in here. Crispy mentions wheeling and everyone gets all excited and forgot to ask for pictures of the lady friend:flipoff2:
I like that it looks like he drove it into a trench they were digging,
I see the little flags as markers.

This is where the wireless winch controller comes in handy. :smokin:

The warn Xeon works great

The warn Xeon works great
I remember you showing it off on our firewood mission last time we were at gold lake :flipoff2:

Probably cost more than my winch :laughing:

Actually, I want to get rid of my 3 pos winches and get 1 of the 5500 axiom. Not sure what they come with, but if it has the same plug as the 9500cti, I'll but the little plug in wireless deal and swap between the 2.

I have my winch controller plug in just left of my steering wheel
I can run it from out side, but mostly I just hand it to the passeenger and let them run it

Good for you OP, does that mean season is winding down? If so, how was it, revenue wise.

You should be trying to drive while winching. I control mine from the driver seat every time unless I'm recovering someone else... driving helps the tires to pop out of holes and also helps then to dig through thick mud. Doesn't over tax your winch.
Cool to be out wheeling though, my family and i really miss it. Gotta get my rig going

Top Back Refresh