What's new

Welcome to Washifornia

Wasnt BS from what ive seen.

Seen LEO'S crusing the pk lots at the venue where the reno gun shows are hosted.

Driving in cars with exempt California plates using a video camera looking device pointed at California car license plates.

Yeah, I don't know the veracity of those stories. Of course you can't take possession of a firearm if you're not a resident of the state where you're doing the purchase, but non firearms should be GTG. Heard some BS about CHP stopping cars coming from Reno and asking about ammo/magazine purchases, but again, I haven't heard it from someone I trust.

Seen LEO'S crusing the pk lots at the venue where the reno gun shows are hosted.

Driving in cars with exempt California plates using a video camera looking device pointed at California car license plates.

Sounds bad for business. Someone should tip off the Reno PD.

Yeah, I don't know the veracity of those stories. Of course you can't take possession of a firearm if you're not a resident of the state where you're doing the purchase,

Aroo? I've bought several firearms in Montana. Washington State resident with same ID.

Yeah, I don't know the veracity of those stories. Of course you can't take possession of a firearm if you're not a resident of the state where you're doing the purchase, but non firearms should be GTG. Heard some BS about CHP stopping cars coming from Reno and asking about ammo/magazine purchases, but again, I haven't heard it from someone I trust.

So what youre saying is that CHP has agents crossing state lines into other states jurisdictions for the purpose of enforcement actions? Sounds like something Nevada should be looking into.

If i lived in CA Id be going to NV gun shops and asking if they would let you have some empty boxes to carry out and then drive straight back to CA. Film everything then file civil rights suits against the state and profit. I cant imagine the NV gun shops have any love for CA gun laws.

And you really need to read gun laws. You cant take possession of a handgun, rifles and shotguns are fair game.

Last edited:

Why wasnt someone filming them?

So what youre saying is that CHP has agents crossing state lines into other states jurisdictions for the purpose of enforcement actions? Sounds like something Nevada should be looking into.

If i lived in CA Id be going to NV gun shops and asking if they would let you have some empty boxes to carry out and then drive straight back to CA. Film everything then file civil rights suits against the state and profit. I cant imagine the NV gun shops have any love for CA gun laws.

And you really need to read gun laws. You cant take possession of a handgun, rifles and shotguns are fair game.

They have been called on the fact that they seem to know exactly who went to those shows and knew what they bought yet would elaborate how. If I remember. Just tyrants to tyrant things.

Decades ago (like 70s/80s) the NH state police arrested a bunch of out of state LEOs for doing exactly what the CA pigs seem to be doing.

No, that's not what I said.

do you trust the CA state enforcers? because they have flat out stated that they do that. of course, it was lamenting that they only catch but so few with that tactic and were using it as justification to ramp up enforcement funding.

do you trust the CA state enforcers? because they have flat out stated that they do that. of course, it was lamenting that they only catch but so few with that tactic and were using it as justification to ramp up enforcement funding.

I have only heard that second or third hand, haven't seen any kind of official statement. Not saying it didn't happen, just haven't seen it.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/californ...238203004.html

sacbee article on why CA gun owners are legally denied ammo purchases, current law is valid and on the books.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...n-shows-nevada

la times article on cross-state crackdowns

SACRAMENTO — Ten special agents from the California Department of Justice were watching as a man walked out of the Big Reno Show and placed his purchases in his car.
The black Isuzu with California plates headed west on Interstate 80 into the Sierra Nevada, eventually crossing the Nevada state line. That’s when the California Highway Patrol pulled Vincent Huey over
[/COLOR]

https://www.sacbee.com/news/californ...238203004.html

sacbee article on why CA gun owners are legally denied ammo purchases, current law is valid and on the books.

I'm aware of this retarded law, I was questioning if Cablela's Reno is asking for ID before selling ammo. I've been in the Bass Pro in LV and they didn't ask for ID. I buy ammo online or make my own. I've been stocking up on components for the past 3 years and have enough to keep me in competitions and practice for the next 3-5 yrs.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...n-shows-nevada

la times article on cross-state crackdowns

That link won't let me open the LAT article, and I'm damn sure not subscribing to that commie rag.

Aside from the 2A argument, Seattle passed a law requiring a $4 increase in "hazard pay" for grocery store workers.

QFC is now closing 2 downtown grocery stores. I feel bad for the workers there, but what the actual fuck? What's that phrase about the road to hell being paved with good intentions?

Aside from the 2A argument, Seattle passed a law requiring a $4 increase in "hazard pay" for grocery store workers.

QFC is now closing 2 downtown grocery stores. I feel bad for the workers there, but what the actual fuck? What's that phrase about the road to hell being paved with good intentions?

that phrase goes "fuck seattle"

of course, they aren't the only city doing it. watch the immediate short term pain that comes from the federal $15 min wage that likely won't get scrubbed from the stimulus bill :laughing: sure, eventually it will get normalized, but all it will do is cause immediate pain, mid-term discomfort, and long term cries for $25/hour

Top Back Refresh