What's new

Wearing out annular cutters quick

Face milling you have like 75% overlap on your passes
1673215348612.png

I know right. Who has time for that much overlap:lmao::flipoff2:
People that don't like going through inserts like candy. When I say pass, I'm talking 4" FM with .200 DOC and .007 per tooth. Dry..... In 304..... It's funny how following the manufacturers recommendations improves insert life. When your pushing that hard, you need the right balance or your wasting a lot of money in inserts. Get it right and it's like magic and will cut all day without issue.

Now if I was cranking a Bridgeport around by hand taking a .060 cut, you bet that bitch would be full width. I would also have my cardboard shield handy to keep from getting flaming hot chips stuck to my skin. Fortunately I am not subject to such poor conditions anymore.

2" taking light cuts because of stock stickout.

1/2" EM, 2" DOC, .002FPT, 1/8 step over in 304.

Our Matsuura MX330 isn't that ridged. Which pisses me off some days. Was looking forward to an upgrade in rigidity over the HAAS.:mad3:

People that don't like going through inserts like candy. When I say pass, I'm talking 4" FM with .200 DOC and .007 per tooth. Dry..... In 304..... It's funny how following the manufacturers recommendations improves insert life. When your pushing that hard, you need the right balance or your wasting a lot of money in inserts. Get it right and it's like magic and will cut all day without issue.

Now if I was cranking a Bridgeport around by hand taking a .060 cut, you bet that bitch would be full width. I would also have my cardboard shield handy to keep from getting flaming hot chips stuck to my skin. Fortunately I am not subject to such poor conditions anymore.
All I got is a Bridgeport so every cut is a “that looks good type deal”. :homer::flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh