What's new

Wear More Animals

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
https://www.peta.org.uk/issues/animals-not-wear/

Animals are not ours to wear or carry our possessions in. Before their skin or hair reaches shop shelves, animals endure a life of misery, pain, frustration, and fear, and many are skinned alive.

I disagree strongly with PETA on the above statement. Fur prices are low (probably) and cotton is made by chinese slaves :flipoff2:

For a while now i've been wanting to add more animals to my clothes. Bought some rabbits to make a hat, still haven't figure how where to go from there. Made a few hats with crochet yarn of wool and alpaca (yes, and plastic blends, i'm trying to be less cheap) but getting tempted to step up to sweaters.

Finally bought a beaver fur hat second hand until i can find a place i can walk in and spend way too much money on one in person.

whatchya got? what should i be looking at?

Boots? I have pairs in elephant, giraffe, ostrich and hippo. Fuck it. I AM at the top of the food chain. Lol

yeah, i've currently got mostly leather shoes, hadn't thought about that one.

don't have any laces free boots though.

Boots? I have pairs in elephant, giraffe, ostrich and hippo. Fuck it. I AM at the top of the food chain. Lol

Elephant are my favorite, I understand why people buy ostrich, off to research giraffes and hippo. I need another set of custom boots.

Friend of mine had an ostrich headliner put in his waggy.

I have a pair of elephant skin boots that I have had for 40 years. They still look new, wish they still fit.

Top of the food chain? You fools. Pretty much most animals over 60lb would make lunch out of you. :flipoff2:

Elephant boots are nice for sure , also got shark skin ones and I am quite happy with them :grinpimp:

Elephant are my favorite, I understand why people buy ostrich, off to research giraffes and hippo. I need another set of custom boots.

Friend of mine had an ostrich headliner put in his waggy.

Anderson bean ftw

how would someone even think that animals are skinned alive
it's gotta be much easier when they're not bitey and clawy

like some bullshit my dad gave me the other day about how corn sileage makes cows "sicker and sicker"
and one of his friends told me that "they leave dairy cows on the milking machines 24/7" I just looked at her like she was retarded, couldn't come up with words at the time for how retarded that thought was.
as though someone whose livelihood depends on healthy animals is going to do any sorta shit that would turn dairy cows into steaks well before they're done being dairy cows

"Before their skin or hair reaches shop shelves, animals endure a life of misery, pain, frustration, and fear, and many are skinned alive."

You had me at frustration. I'm pretty meh on pain, being skinned alive, misery, etc. But FRUSTRATION? Oh hell no, I can't stand the thought that an animal might get frustrated.

I still need a pillow made out of beaver fur, dog gone it. And I demand it comes from a frustrated beaver!

[486 said:
;n188276]
as though someone whose livelihood depends on healthy animals is going to do any sorta shit that would turn dairy cows into steaks well before they're done being dairy cows

Just like the myths that slaves were mistreated. Why would a master hurt a slave after spending good money on him.

This is a great example of good old-fashioned European hypocrisy. They have an assload of fur farms yet Europeans are constantly accusing the US of having cruel Industrial Ag.

I'm unironically against fur-farming. Don't see the purpose next to the cruelty of it, even if you totally mitigate it using Grandin methods, you're still killing animals for a clothing material that is better served by petroleum.

The highest-quality Winter wear that I'm aware of are the expedition-grade Canada Goose jackets and none of them use fur, all synthetics. Goose Down hasn't been a front-line warm weather material since the 1970s.

Just like the myths that slaves were mistreated. Why would a master hurt a slave after spending good money on him.

certainly many were brutally mistreated.

certainly many were happy with their situation.

why do you think field ******s hated house ******s so much? (and still do)

I disagree strongly with PETA on the above statement. Fur prices are low (probably) and cotton is made by chinese slaves :flipoff2:

For a while now i've been wanting to add more animals to my clothes. Bought some rabbits to make a hat, still haven't figure how where to go from there. Made a few hats with crochet yarn of wool and alpaca (yes, and plastic blends, i'm trying to be less cheap) but getting tempted to step up to sweaters.

Finally bought a beaver fur hat second hand until i can find a place i can walk in and spend way too much money on one in person.

Check out Clifford's critter creations.
I have no first hand experience BUT Steven Rinella reccomended them. I've been trying to free up money to send them my fur.

Youve always come across as a leather hot pants kinda guy to me

Next time my dog gets a beaver I will give it to ya? Wait, fuck that’s probably illegal especially under the next POTUS.

Next time my dog gets a beaver I will give it to ya? Wait, fuck that’s probably illegal especially under the next POTUS.

i still haven't done anything with my 5 pack of rabbit furs :laughing:

pelts are actually pretty cheap, need to get around to playing with hair on and hair off tanning and such.

certainly many were brutally mistreated.

certainly many were happy with their situation.

why do you think field ******s hated house ******s so much? (and still do)

Absolutely true. There was no universal treatment of slaves. Just another myth.

Top Back Refresh