What's new

Waterproof Lighting

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
Winter is coming and I need to light up my tent garage to motivate me to work! Humidity and moisture is a huge problem inside the tent. We do see heavy snow loads here so I can't use something too heavy. I would prefer not to use LED lighting so that I benefit from some of the heat created from a halogen light. I want to attach it to the frame work so that I'm not tripping cords or have a tripod in the way. Using my HD tripod was a pain in the ass.

My google fu sucks tonight. I almost want an old school halgen motion sensor style of light

Just head to pa and get this.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/det...sionid=lDX616dqS6WHngEuoXxFpQKc.pal-prod-com5

8674996.jpg

[memphis said:
;n162909]Winter is coming and I need to light up my tent garage to motivate me to work! Humidity and moisture is a huge problem inside the tent. We do see heavy snow loads here so I can't use something too heavy. I would prefer not to use LED lighting so that I benefit from some of the heat created from a halogen light. I want to attach it to the frame work so that I'm not tripping cords or have a tripod in the way. Using my HD tripod was a pain in the ass.

My google fu sucks tonight. I almost want an old school halgen motion sensor style of light

I'm a fellow snowback and I'm an electrician.

Use LED lights and if you want something for heat get a heater that you can put on the ground. Up high heat is useless in a tent, you want that heat right on your frozen workboots.

Pretty much any outdoor halogen light's going to be weatherproof. You don't really need "waterproof" unless you're throwing it in a pond or something.

The shitty steel shacks I work in sometimes in the winter have heaters mounted up at the ceiling. They'll cycle on and off forever and never melt the ice frozen to the steel floor. That cold in the floor is also shooting right into your feet standing there.

Unbolt the unit heater and toss it literally right on the fuckin floor where it belongs.. :smokin:

I'm a fellow snowback and I'm an electrician.

Use LED lights and if you want something for heat get a heater that you can put on the ground. Up high heat is useless in a tent, you want that heat right on your frozen workboots.

I have a propane heater which I will be using again this year. Once the snow pushes the sides down it actually stays quite cozy in my hellhole

Top Back Refresh