What's new

Wasps in Soffit

Have you tried some of the common wasp traps. Like a bucket with soapy water in it and some meat suspended in a nylon over the water. They eat until the cant fly, fall down and drowned

I'm going to do something like this (traps) after they come to get rid of them initially. I guess you can hang stuff like paper bags to imitate wasp nests too. Wife has a knit pattern for a fake nest as well. That sort of thing.

Can can get rid of any thing with an exoskeleton with Bifen, it's what Exterminators in one form or another, it's the best thing to control bugs. This stuff in the link is what I buy and you mix about 1oz to 1 gal.
It kills all bugs! I spray my yard to control mosquitoes.
It's harmless to people and pets also.

https://www.domyown.com/bifen-xts-p-1236.html

Can can get rid of any thing with an exoskeleton with Bifen, it's what Exterminators in one form or another, it's the best thing to control bugs. This stuff in the link is what I buy and you mix about 1oz to 1 gal.
It kills all bugs! I spray my yard to control mosquitoes.
It's harmless to people and pets also.

https://www.domyown.com/bifen-xts-p-1236.html

How do you spray it? There an attachment at all that clicks onto a garden hose? Or hand pump sprayer?

I'm also reading about mosquito control. Its bad. But I literally live in the woods. My yard is like .1 acre. Really soggy too. I see that I can spray what little grass I have, but honestly I think its just part of living in the woods.

And just spray low spots, soggy spots, and any place mosquitoes hatch? Or are you crop dusting the entire yard?

Depends how ambitious I am, the more you spray the less bugs you'll have. I usually spray around all my doors, windows and screens, then on the walls close to the window and doors, also a perimeter around the house. I think that works best.

If you want to crop dust your yard that's probably the best way, just keep in mind the rain will wash it away. I'm on over 5 acres with 2 ponds and some swamp land around me so it's a constant battle with bugs

I bought 2 quarts of that stuff 5 years ago and still have some left, so it goes a long way.

I like having wasps & yellow jackets around, keeps the "Big Shot assholes" with venom allergy FAR AWAY-

Looks like youve already taken care of it but.

My coworkers ingenious but dangerous solution.

Take a map gas torch...let like 5 seconds of gas off into the nest area then ignite the torch...boom..shit everywhere they are dead and you get to blow shit up

I did have those carpenter bees build a next in an outside wall of my house, I found their access hole, went and got the argon bottle off my mig welder, then I filled the cavity in the wall with argon, that was it they were all done and the problem was solved.

Only 1 real solution...
FIRE DRONE!
flamethrower-drone-throwflame_dezeen_2364_col_0.jpg

Well, that was entertainng! :laughing:

We have wasps everywhere. I just chill on the deck and continue to smash them one at a time. They don't bother us, just annoying. Same thing as you, they're in my soffit.

So the guy just left. You could tell he's around a lot of chemicals. A little flaky.

That was a quick $250. Put "Delta Dust" all around the soffits. Used a glorified toilet brush on a stick to do it. The amount he used was barely any. Not even a cap full of powder on the brush. Slapped it on the side of the house, the dust goes up into the soffit. Says that's all you need. I was thinking I'd need to go up there and shovel it in. Apparently not. Gave me a decent container full of DeltaDust that he said will cover me for at least a year. Also used a sprayer and sprayed all the soffits and shutters. Says the spray is good for 90 days.

Guy was nice enough though. Gave me a few pointers and the extra dust. Says to call him if I need help and he'll swing by if I text him.

We'll see what happens.

Only 1 real solution...
FIRE DRONE!

Reminds me of my old school Grandpa from Texas. Back in the late 1970's, Grandpa had a bit of a problem with a massive yellow jacket nest in the ground in his field in California. We jumped in his VW Westfalia bus, went to Chevron, picked up a gallon of gas and headed back to his place. He walked right up, poured that gallon of gas into the rocky ground and lit it. The gas stopped burning after awhile and a lot of super pissed off yellow jackets poured out.

"Hmmm," was his only response. That was all. Later on that day when evening came, we went back to Chevron with a 5 gallon can, came back, and he poured that entire 5 gallons into the nest opening. He chucked a match into the fuel and we sat on lawn chairs into the night and enjoyed the show. The yellow jacket problem was solved and it always made me wonder what he would have done if that hadn't fixed the problem, but I can guess that it would have been spectacular.

__

Top Back Refresh