What's new

Warn 8274

Fourseater74

Member Number
What is a Warn 8274 worth?It has no remote or cable on the drum.It does work.

there is one near me with cable and a remote for $850. If it’s still running solenoids the albeighr upgrade is about $80. Guy originally wanted $1,000. Other than being fast I really don’t see what is so great about them compared to anything today. Yes I know it holds more winch line.

I’ve paid $150-350 $150 one worked remote shitty cable. The $350 one no cable, remote or control box. I’m rebuilding it anyways.

If you really want one I’d spend up to $500 in one that condition. Rebuild kit, xp motor, Albright solenoid and you’re still under 1k for a clone of the best winch warn ever made.

Mine was $600
Homemade remote with a steel box and toggle switch. I bought a contactor and wireless remote set up from Bezo.

I love how fast it is, it’s badass looking and I like the fact that it worries people holding the line. They pay more attention 😆

I had to use it this weekend because I turtled myself in the second photo 😆

I haven’t seen another one posted locally in two years now that wasn’t sub $1000 CAD

If I stumble across one for sub $500 I’ll stuff it in my shed like a hoarder

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpeg
    IMG_0235.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 46
So much winch. So little space for airflow.
It wasn’t boiling hot here but I don’t notice any cooling issues. I’m still running the stock fan clutch which moves a ton of air. I can understand when people swap to an under performing electric fan

I paid $200 for my last one, worked and everything :grinpimp:

Sold mine 5 ish years ago for $900. Had a bunch of lowballs on marketplace but sold for my asking price on craigslist after a week or two being posted.

I bought it like 15 years ago off eBay for $300 with roached solenoids. Threw one of those solid state china jobs at and it worked great.

What makes these so sought after and what some call the best winch ever made?

It's really fast...........that's good.

Holds more line..........that's good. How much of what size line can they hold?

How much pull do they have?

What else?

Just the size and shape of them is the reason I've never given them much thought.

What else?

Just the size and shape of them is the reason I've never given them much thought.
Rated at 8k but people say they pull 10k

I have 3/8 synthetic, 90ft approximately. It can hold 150ft but I haven’t needed that.

They are fast stock but can be made even faster!

Honestly I think I like the fact that it clicks with the brake pawl as the best feature haha 😂

Something about that clicking noise.

What else?

With absolutely no basis... I feel the gears are more robust that the planetaries.

So the size isn't just from it being an old design? Part of it is from fitting a big ass drum? It looks narrower but probably twice the dia as any other Warn. Thing is huge.

Rated at 8k but people say they pull 10k

I have 3/8 synthetic, 90ft approximately. It can hold 150ft but I haven’t needed that.

They are fast stock but can be made even faster!

Honestly I think I like the fact that it clicks with the brake pawl as the best feature haha 😂

Something about that clicking noise.
warn made an anniversary version with xp motor and solid state solenoid rated at 10k.

So the size isn't just from it being an old design? Part of it is from fitting a big ass drum? It looks narrower but probably twice the dia as any other Warn. Thing is huge.
They are a completely different design.
Spur gear reduction opposed to planetary.

I like using for moving trees, should have never let the 8274-50 I had go with a rig I sold.
My 9000xdi is slow doing that kind of stuff, but still does fine with decent line speed.

I see the new ones now upgraded from 4.6hp to 6hp motor and now rated for 10,000 lbs
Still not spending stupid $ on one

Top Back Refresh