What's new

Vitamix blenders

Bacho

Yellow Skull
Member Number
Loc
Greenville SC
Wife's birthday is coming up. She mentioned wanting a new blender like the nutri bullet or similar. Reading reviews they look like junk. I hate buying junk. Now I found myself shopping for vitamix blenders. Are these things really worth $4-600?

We went through every other brand Costco had - Ninja had some cool attachments but it let go of the smoke. We also learned the hard way to not hot soak the single serve attachment with Oxyclean and seal it. :nuke: The rest of the brands had various pieces/parts burn out in some aspect or another within 2 years.

The Vitamix is at 2x the amount of time so far. Seems pretty solid, but getting through all the marketing, it's still just a fuckin' blender. Works well, but it's sad that you need to spend so much money to get something reasonably built.

Edit: was just thinking, "I wish Ave would do a tear down of a Vitamix." Quick google: :homer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXVFHnFgAmA

Last edited:
That's a lot of money. You can get a really nice food processor for that much that will do more than just be a blender.

Nah. I bought a Breville for less than half as much ($170) and it does a great job.

Got our Vitamix at Costco about eight years ago. It has been a work horse. The wife makes a smoothie in it every morning. Only thing we have done is change the blade about two years ago., so about 6 years of grinding up ice before we noticed a decline in performance. If the motor ever lets out the smoke I'll buy another one.

Went through the same thing, the fruit and veggies add up quick if you use it often. Works really well though and I'll sell you one that's barely used:flipoff2:

Bought a Vitamix from Costco 14 years ago and use it regularly. It is the Tier 1 of blenders. Made in the USA. The fucker is bomb proof.

Blendtec. I've got the total classic model and I haven't found anything that it couldn't handle. Tons of power

Had ours forever, 15+ years. Will probably pass down to our kids one day.

Only complaints I hear are about the price. Just like the complaints about $200 cooler. But it and the wife will let you know if it’s worth $500. Pretty sure there are a lot of knockoffs or brands trying to look the same which tells me they’re worth the money.

(Untitled)

I have the vitamix my folks bought in th 80's. Don't use it everyday but it is a horse. When we make apple butter is when is shines. throw cored apples in it peels on and bam ready to be cooked down.

Happy wife, happy life. I let my wife get one a few years back. She loves it, I think it's stupid. Buy a gun for yourself for balance.

I imagine vitamix sets the standard for
high end blenders but I can’t see spending that much for one. I bought the top of the line Ninja about 7-8 years ago with the food processor and blender attachment. Paid about $150 at the time. We have been very happy with it and it is still going strong. If it ever dies you can buy just the motor base used on eBay for like $30 and still use the attachments and such.

We have had one for about 10 years, still going, use it alot, easy to clean.

Blendtec. I've got the total classic model and I haven't found anything that it couldn't handle. Tons of power

I also have a Blendtec, the Designer 725. Got it in 2017 and it's been amazing. My only issue I have ever had is I started buying frozen fruit to blend. If you don't put enough water in it then it cavitates and doesn't blend. Other than that simple change it will destroy anything you put into it.

It's not a shamwow but it's all wow. :lmao:
http://www.willitblend.com/

I have a ninja I got as a gift a couple years ago and use it for smoothies and general blending activities off and on, it does ok but my big complaint with it and blenders in general is it's kinda a pain in the ass to clean with lots of nooks and crannies in the lid and the shape of the blender part (rounded but 90 degree edges) and like MattS said, stuff at the edges gets stuck and you have to stop and manually scoop/stir the contents periodically to get everything to mix.

Is there anything about the vitamix or others that makes these things not an issue?

The magic bullet seems like it would be worlds easier to quickly clean for every day use, with how the cup and blendy parts are separate, rather than buried in each other.

Is there anything about the vitamix or others that makes these things not an issue?

It comes with a center handle/stick that allows you to scrape the blender walls and push things down towards the blender blades WHILE it is blending. Because it's motor is also extremely strong, it can handle the "shock" load as you're cramming things down with that center handle to put it in layman's terms. At least this is with the premium models that are over $400+ which I have.

Seems like Vitamix has introduced some lower priced models to compete in that lower priced segment of Ninja, etc.. Those models I've got no knowledge on / experience with. They could be hit or miss.

Buy once, cry once.

Bought a Vitamix from Costco 14 years ago and use it regularly. It is the Tier 1 of blenders. Made in the USA. The fucker is bomb proof.

This. Mine is going on 12 years. Built like a tank and comes with a dildo that your wife would love.

Buy it.

Last edited:
Wife has a Magic Bullet thing. Uses it everyday. Seems to like it.

Another happy owner, wife thinks she is saving the world with smoothies. Ours has to be 15 years old, still going strong. Just bought one for our soon to be married daughter.

Wife just got a brand new vitamix at a local auction for $100. She said it's a game changer. That's all I got.

I make a shake every day, have for the last 10+ years. I use a multi speed Oster pro1200, that replaced a very old push button Oster. I bought Vitamix 7500, used it a few times and it got put on a shelf in the pantry and forgotten about. I absolutely hate the Vitamix. I don't like the sound it makes, I have yet to get it to not over blend/crush ice and I do not like the plastic vs glass. I am the only one so far here that is not telling you how wonderful a vitamix is, so its obvious I am the odd man out.

I have the same level of disappointment with my Vitamix as my 10 year old daughter had with chocolate chip cookie cereal. I was really thinking that a $400 blender would be life changing, but it did not do anything I wanted

Turns out her complaint about the blender we have is that its too much to pull out of the shelf daily and clean up. I think the vitamix will not solve that issue.

Top Back Refresh