What's new

Vepr 12 sbs

rockmup

El Hefe
Member Number
Loc
Greenwell Springs LA.
This is the 4th version of what started as a regular Vepr12. It came as a fixed tube stock, then I machined a Romy rear trunnion and put wood on it. Then I chopped the barrel and kept the wood.
Then I bought a factory folder and its as you see it, tomorrow it will be done for the last time. Its a 12" barrel with .096 gas ports.

Nobody that has ever shot this or my S12 SBS's has ever not grinned like a little kid when they were done, even when they didn't want to shoot them. Just so much stupid fun.

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

Can it run on light loads? How is the reliability?

That is sexy af. Will be high on the list if we ever escape to a free state.

Thats pretty cool. Did you make or purchase the brake?

What's your opinion of the Vespr vs the S12? I have yet to mess with the Vespr,

Thats pretty cool. Did you make or purchase the brake?

What's your opinion of the Vespr vs the S12? I have yet to mess with the Vespr,

Vepr12 is light years ahead of the S12, all the work is done, it is heavy though.

Mike, you never made me one. We talked about a Ti one it but it never happened.

These things are so much fun, even indoors
[video]https://www.facebook.com/1234886187/videos/pcb.10218954054782412/10218954052902365[/video]

Last edited:
Just saw a stock side folder Vepr go for 2500 at auction.

On gunbroker ? I bet it was a shill bid.
You can still find them for 1K-1200 but you need to be quick

local auction house. they had several hundred guns and they all went for big money. Another example was a stock 10/22 with sling and old cheap scope went for 375

Vepr is way better than the Saiga.
Spent a bunch of time and money getting my Saiga sorted out and in the end it didn't feel very AK like. Shot good, except with the crapiest and cheapest of loads.
Sold it for a profit and bought a fixed stock VEPR. It's much better, ran just the way I wanted out of the box. Feels more like an ak than the Saiga.

Between the two definitely go with the VEPR.
The SBS looks wicked.

Vepr is way better than the Saiga.
Spent a bunch of time and money getting my Saiga sorted out and in the end it didn't feel very AK like. Shot good, except with the crapiest and cheapest of loads.
Sold it for a profit and bought a fixed stock VEPR. It's much better, ran just the way I wanted out of the box. Feels more like an ak than the Saiga.

Between the two definitely go with the VEPR.
The SBS looks wicked.

problem is i have a bunch of ssiga mags already lol.

problem is i have a bunch of ssiga mags already lol.

I hear you. The Russian VEPR mags are painfully expensive for the 10 and 8 round mags.
25 round drums aren't too bad though.

Saiga mags are cheaper and more available.

Top Back Refresh