What's new

Vaya Con Dios

Lilyota

RIP 7/22/2023
Member Number
Loc
Bolivar MO
I know I'm gonna catch some heat for this.......

But why the fuck even say it?

It's just a post count at this point,

If you can't say more, don't reply.

I never knew that it meant Go With God :homer:

It's just so generic and instead of putting words out there it's lame.

Does it take more time to type in "Go With God"

Rather than some Mexican phrase.

Are the people punching it in Mexican?

I know I'm gonna catch some heat for this.......

But why the fuck even say it?

It's just a post count at this point,

If you can't say more, don't reply.

What more is needed to say? It is meant to respect those who are no longer with us and ask god to comfort the family. In olden times it was meant God guard you on your journey
Post count, You mean you really worry about post count? What are you 13 years old? :laughing:

Actully it is Spanish but it started off as latin

"fair winds, following seas"

"rest in peace"

"vaya con dios"

all about the same, just an expressions.

What if, instead of "gonna catch some heat for this" you had said "there is likely to be disagreement with my opinions and perspectives"...no, that would be stupid. "catch some heat/shit for this" is an accepted phrase, so might as well stick with the common and accepted phrase. the phrase itself means more than the individual words for conveying the sentiment, which is the only reason for language in the first place

When something is beyond words for a person, perhaps nothing needs to be said?

I don't know some people just aren't good at expressing themselves about situations like death especially if they weren't close to the deceased.
Sometimes you just feel like a asshole if you don't show some kind of support and feel like you have to or should say something.

I don't know some people just aren't good at expressing themselves about situations like death especially if they weren't close to the deceased.
Sometimes you just feel like a asshole if you don't show some kind of support and feel like you have to or should say something.

I can understand what you are saying, And I read those threads and typically DO NOT reply because I don't really know what to say.

Some times the best things said are the things not said.

It's still Mexican.

Are you a Mexican?

LOL Read my location.
I won't even dignify you by calling you names. 1/4 of my family traces it roots back to the conquistadors coming to NM, their origins was in the Basque area of Spain, and France.
Anyone of my northern NM cousins is just as likely to have blue eyes as any scandinavian.
Speaking of post count is that why you started this to drive yours up?

When something is beyond words for a person, perhaps nothing needs to be said?

Damn you are realy insulted are you that thin skinned would it make you feel better if I went back and added "Go with God" in english so you won't have to stretch you mind to figure out what is said

Last edited:
LOL Read my location.
I won't even dignify you by calling you names. 1/4 of my family traces it roots back to the conquistadors coming to NM, their origins was in the Basque area of Spain, and France.
Anyone of my northern NM cousins is just as likely to have blue eyes as any scandinavian.

Call me whatever you want...

I'm still an American living in America.

I don't speak Mexican.

Damn you are realy insulted are you that thin skinned would it make you feel better if I went back and added "Go with God" in english so you won't have to streach you minbd to figure out what is said

I'd be ok with "Go With God".

If you are ok with a thing that doesn't exist.

LOL Read my location.

interesting to hear somebody with basque links say "basque area of spain and france" instead of just "basque" or "basque region"

basque is an interesting group for sure

I don't speak Mexican.

domo arigato, mr robato.

edit: that's the great thing about being an american in america, you can do or use or say whatever you want, however you want.

Well you learn something new every day... did not know what it meant translated. I think it might be a good thing to say every time I open a beer now. :beer:

I don't speak Mexican.

So you don't eat tacos, or enchiladas, guacamole, drink Corona beer or tequila... if so how do you ask for them except by speaking Mexican. If I read were your location is you are in California another Spanish term. You probably use more than you know because American english is a true melting pot and barrows words from every languge of those who settled here.

Again I say you started this in hopes to drive up your post count

interesting to hear somebody with basque links say "basque area of spain and france" instead of just "basque" or "basque region"

basque is an interesting group for sure

Watched an old documentary about a kid who came to America to herd sheep in Colorado to make money so he could get married. Upon his return there was a big party one of the women looked just like one of my mother's sisters!

Never really knew till my uncle had a DNA search done. Told nosey census taker once and 2 days later the separatist's set off a bomb. I could just immagine the conversations he had after since I was a little hostile to him at the time

So you don't eat tacos, or enchiladas, guacamole, drink Corona beer or tequila... if so how do you ask for them except by speaking Mexican. If I read were your location is you are in California another Spanish term. You probably use more than you know because American english is a true melting pot and barrows words from every languge of those who settled here.

Again I say you started this in hopes to drive up your post count

I eat Taco's

Some other Mexican foods as well...

But I don't pretend to be who I am not.

I live in California because that is where I live.

Hers a fun fact fact for you smart guy.

The American language is a mutt of other languages.

I never said it wasn't.

I still don't speak fluent Mexican.

I didn't when I lived in New Mexico either:flipoff2:

I eat Taco's

Some other Mexican foods as well...

But I don't pretend to be who I am not.

I live in California because that is where I live.

Hers a fun fact fact for you smart guy.

The American language is a mutt of other languages.

I never said it wasn't.

I still don't speak fluent Mexican.

I didn't when I lived in New Mexico either:flipoff2:

Every gawd damn town in New Mexico is in Spanish. :flipoff2:

Guess what I don't speak Spanish either I just know some phrases most of them I don't use unless I want to start a fight,

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh