What's new

Vacation help

Willc

Drunken Hobbit
Member Number
Loc
NC
We have a trip coming up ut west and have some hotels set in stone but have a three-day run on our way to the Grand Canyon that we are having a hard time with?
So far two days in Santa Fe, two days in Taos then we start heading towards the Grand Canyon. I was looking at one night in Farmington, then a night in Cortez, and a night in at Goulding lodge in monument valley. We have done Mesa Verde before and much of it is closed down so we are thinking maybe two nights at Goulding's but I am worried about having enough to see around there.
What says Irate am I missing something epic around these areas?
After the Grand Canyon, we hit the petrified forest and stay in Gallup on the way back to ABQ to fly out.
Thanks in advance

When we were in monument valley a month and a half ago everything was shut down. COVID has hit the Indian nation hard.

North or south rim? I'll half to check where we stayed when we went to the north rim. I will say the bison shorribs at the Gand Canyon Lodge when we went was some of the best food I have ever eaten.

North or south rim? I'll half to check where we stayed when we went to the north rim. I will say the bison shorribs at the Gand Canyon Lodge when we went was some of the best food I have ever eaten.

He should check with the Grand Canyon Park as the north rim usually closes for the winter.

At present it's day use only.

No help then, we drove to North Rim from St. George UT. We stayed st the Seven Wives Inn there which was really nice. Got to tour Brigham Youngs winter house which was pretty neat.

we are considering driving from Farmington to sedona and skipping monument valley

we are considering driving from Farmington to sedona and skipping monument valley

Sedona is drop dead gorgeous. Their will be lots of traffic in the middle of town if you're there on a weekend.
Lots of tourist type shops and good restaurants. There's also a great many good hiking trails.

We liked Sedona but liked the surrounding areas even more. The wineries out near there are dynamite.

Top Back Refresh