What's new

USPS delivery problems?

Aside from a misdelivery by a temp driver that was quickly corrected the same evening, no problems with the USPS

Wife ordered a package of 5 reams of printer paper from Amazon 3 times. Amazon shipped it thru USPS and she got a text or email that the first 2 were "lost". The 3rd one finally made it.

Wow they really fucked that one up! My local post office actually kicks ass, everyone in there is super helpfull and always joking around and laughing, it's weird for a .gov facility LOL!!

Delivery times are a bit longer and we only get mail maybe 2-3 times a week instead everyday.

Seems hit or miss these days, wasn’t like that in the past. In-state mail seems ok, have noticed out of state mail taking a few days longer. Had a package was expecting in April that finally showed up in July

Everything I have had shipped in the last 2-3 months USPS has had some kind of issue. Mostly getting dropped off and then sitting at that office forever without getting checked in.
Example:

photo21715.png

They all suck. USPS and FedEx are the worst. UPS isn't too far behind these days. Hell, even OnTrac is showing them up some days.

My wife ships 30+ small packages a day and hasn't had any issues until about two weeks ago. They lost an entire day's worth of packages. She drops them off at the local post office in a town of about 500 people and watches them get placed in the bins, so it's not like the USPS didn't receive them. She hasn't said if they ever found them or not, but as of a couple days ago they were a week into what should be a 2-3 day journey.

I ordered 18" garden posts on Amazon. Came through USPS and should fit in my massive mailbox no problem.......but it didn't. UPSP usually drops big shit on the porch but they didn't this time and I had to go to town.

Turns out they shipped 18" posts in a 4 ft box.

Mine was just a usps money order payment for a radio part sent 4 weeks or so ago via regular mail to Portland Ore.

Big mistake.

Blame Trump?

https://www.businessinsider.com/usps-turning-off-mail-sorting-machines-ahead-of-the-election-2020-8

Sent wedding invites out two weeks ago, only about half the people received them, some said they looked like they were all torn up in a sorting machine, etc. I ended up texting invites out which would normally be pretty cheap looking, but what do you do? We sent the dang things. My parents who live in the same town as me never received theirs. Somebody in Michigan received theirs 2 days after mailing. Somebody in Arizona received theirs 12 days after we mailed them. There's no rhyme or reason. My fiance was fit to be tied, but I reminded her it was a very small thing in the scope of the insanity going on from multiple angles in this country right now. I just texted a pic of the invite to folks, kinda tacky, but I'm not buying a bunch more invites to have the USPS lose them again.

I am waiting on two things shipped USPS. They're both late, custom, and I'm going to be pissed if they don't arrive.

I had similar couple weeks ago. Shipped out of San Bernadino, Ca. Went to Kentucky, then Ohio, then delivered to my house over a week later back in California.

Took 5 weeks to send a check from Texas to Ohio. We sent a second check about 3 weeks in and it hasn't arrived yet.

I had 2 days worth of mail never show up at the house. We're signed up for that "Informed Delivery" where they take a photo of each piece of mail you're supposed to receive and email it to you each day. I got the photos, but never got the mail. That was at the end of July, and it's yet to arrive here in Northern Nevada

USPS is a total shit show right now. We are currently using UPS for all our stuff that would usually go USPS right now.

You have to remember that ever since Covid started, UPS. FedEx, Amazon and USPS have been having peak Christmas numbers going through their systems everyday. Their systems were not built to handle that kind of volume for months on end. For 6 weeks during the holidays those companies can push through, but for months on end..No. People complain about lost packages and delays during Christmas. Now Christmas is non-stop.

Things are getting better as more employees are being added. I know FedEx was hiring like 80 couriers right off the street between the 3 stations in the Sacramento market. Problem is it takes a while as 3 out of 4 applicants cannot pee clean. Cannot have a DOT license and enjoy smoking the weed.

They all miss occasionally. We ordered some fire extinguishers. They were supposed to be going to washington state. First order ended up in Mississippi with the notification of “we left it on your door step”. Second one got lost. I went to wally world and bought them... think one of as usps and the other was ups. Shit happens.

But nothing to be concerned about with mail in ballots :lmao:

USPS been spotty here, even with only 4 houses on our street. A few days of no mail.....not even junk mail.

Then one day there were 2 "normal" mail deliveries the same day from different carriers, along with 3 other separate USPS package deliveries :confused:

Efficiency be damned !!!

You have to remember that ever since Covid started, UPS. FedEx, Amazon and USPS have been having peak Christmas numbers going through their systems everyday. Their systems were not built to handle that kind of volume for months on end. For 6 weeks during the holidays those companies can push through, but for months on end..No. People complain about lost packages and delays during Christmas. Now Christmas is non-stop.

Things are getting better as more employees are being added. I know FedEx was hiring like 80 couriers right off the street between the 3 stations in the Sacramento market. Problem is it takes a while as 3 out of 4 applicants cannot pee clean. Cannot have a DOT license and enjoy smoking the weed.

I own a small building which I rent to the post office. I asked the lady in charge there about all of this fuss. According to her, its a combo pack of things.

They have people out of work for Covid, both potential exposures and people who actually test positive. They are not allowed to work any OT to cover those who are out. In her case I have seen her close the small office down to support the main office due to poor staffing on a given day. This seems to happen every other day.

She also mentioned that the post office uses domestic flights to move mail. Of course these flights are not operating at full flight schedules. She said that was hurting them as well.

Throw all that in with the higher workload that you mentioned and it’s not a good situation.

nope no problems at all.
had fed ex employee steal 8 lbs of gunpowder from my delivery.
they caught and prosecuted him.

She also mentioned that the post office uses domestic flights to move mail. Of course these flights are not operating at full flight schedules. She said that was hurting them as well.

True. Things are getting back to a little more normal now that planes are flying again. FedEx was carrying a bunch of mail freight and had a second plane coming into Sacramento with just mail. FedEx was starting to bring some retired airframes back into service. Now that the passenger airlines are starting back up in the last month, USPS is starting to use passenger carriers again instead of swamping UPS and FDX with more mail than they normally carry.

Most shit has been normal. I have one that was supposed to hand off from DHL to USPS for some reason. DHL says it's been handed over, USPS tracking has just said they received pre-shipment info since the 6th of August.

For me mostly normal. One small, insignificant package shipped out of CA. 3 weeks later still isn’t here. The part that bugs me is the tracking. Day 1 “item received by Sacramento post office” Day 4-8 “item in transit arriving on time” Day 8+ “item in transit and delayed”. After day 1 no location updates. I know USPS tracking is crap but at least let me know where the thing is.

Top Back Refresh