What's new

Used rotary 9k 2 post lift

AK_F250

Red Rocket
Member Number
Loc
Alaska
A guy at work offered me his older 9k rotary for 2k, which is a :smokin: deal here. He’s had it for years and never installed it, it came out of a dodge dealership when they replaced all of their lifts. He only had one shitty picture so I couldn’t get much of a look at it for details, model etc.

I’m going to look at it tomorrow with cash and a trailer, but my only experience with lifts is my little maxjax 6k and big 15k ish lifts, no experience with cables, which I assume this has. What do I need to look at? Obviously I can’t test it, and it’s going to get squirreld away for the next house in a year or two with a bigger shop. I’m not too worried about functionality since it was in a large shop being used daily when it got removed. Dad also ended up with 3 4 post lifts from the same sale that work fine. The hydraulic side I’ve got no problem with, but are there wear/failure points that I should be looking for with the cable system?

The cables are only used to equalize the two sides. There should be two rams, one for each side.

Make sure it has all the pulleys and hardware pins and whatnot.

If it has been stored for a bit that stuff has a tendency to walk off or be repurposed.

It sounds like a deal, and I understand Alaska shipping, but I'd be a little hesitant to drop 2k on something with hydraulic seals to stick away for 2 or 3 years.
I'll go out on a limb here, you may be better off buying a new Chinese lift when you're ready, as much as I hate it, their stuff has come a long ways

Top Back Refresh