What's new

Turds in a tree, not mine...

Fishnbeer

The dude abides
Member Number
Loc
CA
We have been seeing a lot of critters around our house lately. We get the usual raccoon/skunk/possum/deer and I am pretty sure there are some pigs rooting up some of the lawns but I cant find any tracks even after the rain. We also have 2 large flocks of turkeys (each flock 20+ birds). There are Mountain Lion in the regional park over the hill but very rare
20201128_154544.jpg
sightings. We see coyotes every now and then but over the past month we started seeing them more frequently. We have seen the same big female 4 days in a row now, hunting moles on the hill by our house.

Then, my wife told me someone on the nextdoor thing someone thinks they spotted a bobcat. So I dug out the trail camera and hiked up the creek a ways to find a good spot to set it up. I followed a game trail, spooked a deer in the process and came across a big tree that is half fallen down against the hill and noticed a huge pile of turds about 10 feet up on kind of a perch.

Turds are pretty good sized. Not sure if Bobcat can lay a mud monkey this size. Its almost human size turd so I wonder if it can be Mtn Lion? Chupacabra is not common here, human turd is improbable but not impossible.

Ground is too dry for tracks right now. I set the trail cam up on a tree near the trail. Ill give it a week or two and go back and pull the SD card.

Most likely, it's a homeless deuce :flipoff2:

I know coyotes like to shit on elevated things like stumps and rocks, but that looks a little high for a yote.

Did you inspect it? Does it have berries? Could be a bear cub? :laughing::confused:

I hope for the sake of funny, that your trail cam picks up a tweaker just laying deuces in trees

I hope for the sake of funny, that your trail cam picks up a tweaker just laying deuces in trees

Could be anywhere in the Golden State, Gavin's new Nation State. Aren't those things under curfew ??

Could be anywhere in the Golden State, Gavin's new Nation State. Aren't those things under curfew ??

Yeah we have a curfew from 10-6, you know when the rona gets gangster and REALLY aggressive...

So clearly the the mystery deuce is happening before 10pm

Yeah we have a curfew from 10-6, you know when the rona gets gangster and REALLY aggressive...

So clearly the the mystery deuce is happening before 10pm

Another excellent point, your friends commit their crimes after the curfew.

I had to do some lite forensic scatology learning at work, at Caltrans. I needed to present an argument that the feral cat station operated by our feline bitch was grossly polluting our facility with Kitteh Rocca. She argued the feces were other animals. I can't recall all the details but different animal turds have different diagnostic traits. Pinched, broken, or nicely streaming/tailing off. Segmented, etc. Lot's of fun awaits the OP. :cookie:

To me , it was obvious. Anywhere, I mean anywhere we spilled filter pack sand the cats nailed it by the next morning. :pinky:

The flocks of turkeys ar rooting up the ground all over at my house and not leaving any tracks. I was confused by it until I asked my 70 year old neighbor and he pointed to them doing it right behind me:homer:

This time last year I found a turd pile on the roof of my truck (yes it has a sunroof, thankfully it was closed at the time). So I put up a trail cam to figure out what shits all over the place. My turd leaving critters are raccoons.

photo34689.jpg

The flocks of turkeys

It's a rafter. A group of turkeys is called a rafter.:flipoff2:

My turd leaving critters are raccoons.

At a house I use to live in, (just moved in about a month prior) the neighbor had a cherry tree that overhung his shed. I started seeing full sized turds with cherry seeds in them. They looked so human like I'd swear someone was throwing their shit up there. :laughing: ..Until I had an encounter with the raccoon that is. My dog found him one night and I had to separate the two. I quickly put 2&2 together. Fucker would snack on cherries whilst taking a dump.

I had to cut down a pine tree by the house,climbed up to put a rope on and there was piles of coon shit on every branch.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh