What's new

Turbo Diesel mini bike

They are definitely passing me on the diesel. But even with our faster gas bike, they are still have way faster bikes and definitely have no fear.
But mostly they competitively race these, and have a full support team.
Ah. I was thinking the atrophy of a 2 person team vs a 10 person team was making it harder. You’re just slow. :flipoff2:

GoPro footage? I assume there are some epic crashes.

Ah. I was thinking the atrophy of a 2 person team vs a 10 person team was making it harder. You’re just slow. :flipoff2:

GoPro footage? I assume there are some epic crashes.
Oh we are definitely slow lol.
Our fastest bike is has just the stage one parts and a governor deleted. Some of the fast guys probably have at least 1k into their engines.
I believe your only allowed 4 drivers. So we have like 2 bikes, and 4 people to drive, sleep, fix them, cook, make coffee. Some of the other teams have like 4 drives but like 10 bikes and people helping.
Not me but definitely some painful crashes

Eating? Shiiiiiiitt that is your problem. You need liquid calories (non-alcoholic) or just simplify it with PB&J, caffeine, candy, cookies, rice balls, and ultra marathon nutrition. Cashews, avocados, and fats will help you feel full and keep your brain functioning as much as it needs to.

When and where is the next race? Sure would like to watch that.

how much oil psi do you guys think this needs? I have a couple small small fuel pumps laying around, but they are probably around 5 psi

China starter kit is in
PXL_20231213_000815883.MP.jpg

What's a good fuel pump thatll do like 10 psi? It'll be pushing oil, so I think a gear pump would be better then a diaphragm pump
PXL_20231213_231839369.MP.jpg
PXL_20231213_231826877.MP.jpg

Does the engine have generator/alternator?

Run an electric pump with turbo’s own oil tank? That way you get to run on thinner oil if it means to keep the pump happy.

Does the engine have generator/alternator?

Run an electric pump with turbo’s own oil tank? That way you get to run on thinner oil if it means to keep the pump happy.
Yes. Bought the charge coil electric starter kit.
Already put a 1/2 barb on top of the block for the return and I'm going to pull oil from the oil drain.

Some sort of mechanical pump I think would be the best option. I see 12 V gear pumps but they look awful big to fit on that bike. I don’t think you really need anything that’s capable of pressure at all. As I recall those turbos basically just get an oil bath over them without any restriction.

I’m kind of wondering if you just fed the diesel from the tank through the turbo to the IP. That would keep it really really simple. I think it would probably work.

Some sort of mechanical pump I think would be the best option. I see 12 V gear pumps but they look awful big to fit on that bike. I don’t think you really need anything that’s capable of pressure at all. As I recall those turbos basically just get an oil bath over them without any restriction.

I’m kind of wondering if you just fed the diesel from the tank through the turbo to the IP. That would keep it really really simple. I think it would probably work.
That's a interesting idea. I could always mix some 2 stroke into the fuel also.

Maybe this turbos a dud, but I almost can't blow through the oil passage. I was expecting it to have almost no resistance. Maybe it needs to be spinning?

Eating? Shiiiiiiitt that is your problem. You need liquid calories (non-alcoholic) or just simplify it with PB&J, caffeine, candy, cookies, rice balls, and ultra marathon nutrition. Cashews, avocados, and fats will help you feel full and keep your brain functioning as much as it needs to.

That'd be handy as a pocket t shirt if it was actually healthy. I'd buy it. No more wasted time making food or eating!

I think I messed up with the governor. It's slightly slower, but mostly there's

a absurd amount of smoke

Now that you’ve got plenty of extra fuel, you just need enough boost to clean the exhaust up. Will it spool the turbo and build boost as it is?

Now that you’ve got plenty of extra fuel, you just need enough boost to clean the exhaust up. Will it spool the turbo and build boost as it is?

I don't think it's spooling, at wot it feels and sounds like it's running so rich it's bogging down. I bought a new governor and will try again.
With the stock governor it also had plenty of extra fuel.
I don't have a boost gauge though

Last edited:
Stock governor back in. Feels much better. Kinda, maybe more power then stock, not real sure though. No turbo whistle which is disappointing. I want to try and adjust the torque converter to get more rpms
PXL_20240107_180651192.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if I go a size smaller on the up pipe will help it spool? It's still smoking at wot, so I have plenty of fuel

Sounds like it's not revving fast enough to get the turbo spooled? Those clutches are easy to adjust for both stall and when high gear engages.

Sounds like it's not revving fast enough to get the turbo spooled? Those clutches are easy to adjust for both stall and when high gear engages.

I already have a 60tooth rear gear. Stock is like 45.
I have a stiffer spring for the driven pulley. I'll have to try it. I didn't like it with the gas engine though

I already have a 60tooth rear gear. Stock is like 45.
I have a stiffer spring for the driven pulley. I'll have to try it. I didn't like it with the gas engine though
Turbo engines need resistance to build boost so getting the primary to come in sooner should force it to happen. Heavier weights and/or a lighter primary spring would do it.

Tried a overdrive lock out bushing on the drive clutch. And each of the 3 holes on the driven. Nothing made much of a difference.
I don't think this engine moves enough air to spool it.

Is there a supercharger that can be driven off the crank somehow.

Diesels like to have a load applied
Bogged down in thick grass, or running on pavement it does the same.

There's a guy on YouTube with a little super charger. It looks super sketchy though, the belt goes right where your legs go

Bogged down in thick grass, or running on pavement it does the same.

There's a guy on YouTube with a little super charger. It looks super sketchy though, the belt goes right where your legs go

Thinking, remove the pull start and rigg up a common V belt and car pulley. Something of that nature. Idk.

Maybe restricting the exhaust to drive the turbo will help.

Top Back Refresh