What's new

Trumps farewell speech

I could only deal with the first 8 minutes..

sooo many lies..

he took credit for the vaccine

and he spoke of before the virus and now after the virus.. taking more credit.. bullshit, the virus isnt over

if he hadn't gotten the red tape removed, it never would have happened.

what red tape did he remove? (in other countries)

that's not a serious question, right? You realize we'd still be early in drug trials given the FDA/etc processes....

His departure speech, interesting after he supposedly called Pence a traitor and a rat he thanked him for standing by him.

His departure speech, interesting after he supposedly called Pence a traitor and a rat he thanked him for standing by him.

he honored the 400K dead from a virus that he said was no big deal and would just disappear on its own once it got warm. I'm not troubled by that. The former President is a business man. I've worked with guys like him, positions of responsibility who knew the truth, but had to operate in a slightly adjusted reality to achieve a business end. I have a feeling one of his ingratiating qualities with people is his ability to 'come clean' in private and just be frank about reality, then spin it back into a focus that allows business goals to become not just achievable, but a necessity.

What the former President knows is that people will 'play along' with the narrative. What is 'flip flopping' for one person is just 'no big deal' when they do it, because it is attached to a better reality than the actual one and it appears to serve the listener MORE than the creator of that alt reality.

he honored the 400K dead from a virus that he said was no big deal and would just disappear on its own once it got warm. I'm not troubled by that. The former President is a business man. I've worked with guys like him, positions of responsibility who knew the truth, but had to operate in a slightly adjusted reality to achieve a business end. I have a feeling one of his ingratiating qualities with people is his ability to 'come clean' in private and just be frank about reality, then spin it back into a focus that allows business goals to become not just achievable, but a necessity.

What the former President knows is that people will 'play along' with the narrative. What is 'flip flopping' for one person is just 'no big deal' when they do it, because it is attached to a better reality than the actual one and it appears to serve the listener MORE than the creator of that alt reality.

Fuck off to another troll thread man. You guys just can't stop parroting the Dem talking points about anything. Maybe if he didn't have Putin's cock in his ass he would have noticed the entire world was dying around him from Corona, right? Go to hell.

HUH?

400k people died from COVID in the US?

Fuck off to another troll thread man. You guys just can't stop parroting the Dem talking points about anything. Maybe if he didn't have Putin's cock in his ass he would have noticed the entire world was dying around him from Corona, right? Go to hell.

Maybe it sounds like parroting dem talking points because somewhere they're grounded in reality so it comes up alot? I dunno. COVID happened. People died of it. Did the president make the right or the wrong choices? It's easy to place blame in hindsight, just like it's easy to sit here a year after and say some of the lockdown measures, flip-flopping mask recommendations, wiping clean surfaces, etc was a mistake. One thing that is certain is that with the job of President of the United States comes the fact that you're going to be a lightning rod when shit goes south.

I don't see anything about Russia in his post, but pretty sure no valid evidence was found on that.

what red tape did he remove? (in other countries)
Serious question , are you a fucking idiot ?

In case you didn't get my tone , it was a rhetorical question , in other words the IBB already knows the answer.:lmao:

Maybe it sounds like parroting dem talking points because somewhere they're grounded in reality so it comes up alot? I dunno. COVID happened. People died of it. Did the president make the right or the wrong choices? It's easy to place blame in hindsight, just like it's easy to sit here a year after and say some of the lockdown measures, flip-flopping mask recommendations, wiping clean surfaces, etc was a mistake. One thing that is certain is that with the job of President of the United States comes the fact that you're going to be a lightning rod when shit goes south.

I don't see anything about Russia in his post, but pretty sure no valid evidence was found on that.

C’mon... you’ve been making too much progress to fall into using “dem talking points.... reality” in the same sentence.

Wow, now I can really see why they call Trump supporters white supremacist ,look just how riotous their behaving, it looks just like what happened in other cities all summer long......:shaking:

C’mon... you’ve been making too much progress to fall into using “dem talking points.... reality” in the same sentence.

It's obvious that EVERYONE in politics takes a grain of truth and twists it into a hyperbole to support their position. You can dig it out of any side's arguments.

Example: COVID didn't kill 400k people, but it did kill a lot of people. Trump didn't purposely ignore COVID, but he may have mis-handled leading the response in the US, and even if it wasn't his doing, he was the current leader of the country when it all went down and as Truman liked to say the buck stops at the president.

Another example because everyone here gets their panties in a bunch if I don't provide equal opportunity examples: There is not enough actionable proof that the entire US election was rigged, but there are many eyebrow raising examples that have been brought forth that should make every American question the validity of the results and if not require an investigation, then at the very least necessitates a reform of our voting system to restore confidence in future elections.

It's obvious that EVERYONE in politics takes a grain of truth and twists it into a hyperbole to support their position. You can dig it out of any side's arguments.

Example: COVID didn't kill 400k people, but it did kill a lot of people. Trump didn't purposely ignore COVID, but he may have mis-handled leading the response in the US, and even if it wasn't his doing, he was the current leader of the country when it all went down and as Truman liked to say the buck stops at the president.

Another example because everyone here gets their panties in a bunch if I don't provide equal opportunity examples: There is not enough actionable proof that the entire US election was rigged, but there are many eyebrow raising examples that have been brought forth that should make every American question the validity of the results and if not require an investigation, then at the very least necessitates a reform of our voting system to restore confidence in future elections.

I've noticed you've chosen words carefully, which supports your hyperbole comment.

400k isn't hyperbole, it's a lie.

I've noticed you've chosen words carefully, which supports your hyperbole comment.

400k isn't hyperbole, it's a lie.

All hyperbole is basically lying. Especially when the intent behind it is to persuade someone into action rather than say talk about how big the fish was that you almost caught. 400k is an inflated number taking advantage of every possible way to spin numbers to make it look real. My point wasn't to soften the blow that the left is using that number to scare people over to their side. Trust me I know what the impact of twisting those numbers can do- I get calls from my parents who solely use TV networks to get their news while they're sheltering in place and they're worried about me going to the grocery store or going camping over the weekend because of what the news told them. My point was to illustrate that it's not an all out fabrication, because that wouldn't work. There has to be a little truth in there, and that is that COVID is a dangerous virus that is very contagious and many people have died from it.

So when I hear "The Left"( or "The Right" for that matter) talking points, I know that somewhere in there, it's based on a real thing, just most likely spun and twisted in such a way as to scare people into not considering the other side of the argument.

Top Back Refresh