What's new

Trump signs insurrection act

Pretty basic civics. Biden hasn’t been inaugurated. Pence is the vp. If trump left right this second, pence would be in charge.
IF my Aunt had been born with a penis, she would still be an unhappy person!

I don't know, people say he won't leave that the SEALS will have to go in and drag him out by his heels, then others are saying he'll leave the keys on the desk and walk away.
Why do the keys need to be given, I guarantee the president doesn't walk around at night checking all the doors and windows. It is only symbolic, keys more than likely are nothing more than blanks.
Why wait till the 20th mail them to Kamala now and end this fucking madness!:stirthepot:

Last edited:

I don't know, people say he won't leave that the SEALS will have to go in and drag him out by his heels, then others are saying he'll leave the keys on the desk and walk away.
Why do the keys need to be given, I guarantee the president doesn't walk around at night checking all the doors and windows. It is only symbolic, keys more than likely are nothing more than blanks.
Why wait till the 20th mail them to Kamala now and end this fucking madness!:stirthepot:

Maybe it's the "W" keys that the Clintons hid many years ago?

Smokey, this isnt "Nam, there are rules. :flipoff2:

Smokey, this isnt "Nam, there are rules. :flipoff2:

There ain't no rules Snake it's root hog or die. :flipoff2:
It is Tradition which are worse than rules, first president handed over the keys because they were real keys to a real house. Today the secret service secures the place no need for keys.
Like the Paul Simon Song said "just walk way Ray"

Foreign influence, or maybe a group of 150 or so people who hold multiple citizenships and have no allegiance to any country or people but themselves and their small but powerful group of allies
:rolleyes:

All I'm sure about is we are ripe for the picking. When you're being lied to at every turn. You're not in a good place.:frown:

All that's irrelevant to what I posted about. If Trump "leaves" before Jan. 20th Pence becomes POTUS until the inauguration.

Pence is still V.P. If Trump walks away before the inauguration Pence becomes POTUS. As I said..................................... AT PRESENT.

That would get strange quickly. I haven't looked it up and can't remember from high school US history- how long can Pence run things as VP before he's supposed to get sworn in as President? Could he end up with the shortest term as President in history? Would he then be a weird footnote in textbooks? Could he pardon people? Would he then be the 46th, and Biden the 47th? Would elementary schools have a picture of him up on the wall like mine did with Washington all the way up through current?

That would get strange quickly. I haven't looked it up and can't remember from high school US history- how long can Pence run things as VP before he's supposed to get sworn in as President? Could he end up with the shortest term as President in history? Would he then be a weird footnote in textbooks? Could he pardon people? Would he then be the 46th, and Biden the 47th? Would elementary schools have a picture of him up on the wall like mine did with Washington all the way up through current?

Could he pardon trump from cases/charges that haven't been brought yet from new york?

Another thought, if pence did invoke the 25th I dont believe we would be responsible for trumps security/secret services for the rest of his life.

With all the bullshit thats been thrown at him for the last 4 years, all the media lying, all the media covering up violence, all the lies about a glorified flu (that it seems we are no longer interested in pinning down the orgin and finding patient zero) fuck it. Drag it out. Make them bleed.

I keep hearing this, how we need to get to the bottom of things.
I guess I dont understand why, what difference it even makes at this point. The guy is probably dead, and wont know which bat he fucked.

Another thought, if pence did invoke the 25th I dont believe we would be responsible for trumps security/secret services for the rest of his life.

I don't think that right. 25th amendment isn't criminal or nefarious. They temporarily envoked the 25th for presidents in the past when they were in surgery.

Pence is still V.P. If Trump walks away before the inauguration Pence becomes POTUS. As I said..................................... AT PRESENT.

All that's irrelevant to what I posted about. If Trump "leaves" before Jan. 20th Pence becomes POTUS until the inauguration.

Yoiu have always claimed you deal only in facts, where have you seen that Trump will leave before hand? As far as I remember the whole handing over of the keys happens before the ceremony of swearing in, at which time they have by tradition road together to the swearing in. Here are the following exceptions take special note of both of the Adam's

https://www.quora.com/Has-an-outgoi...d-the-inauguration-of-their-successor?share=1

Has an outgoing U.S. President purposefully skipped the inauguration of their successor?

Greg Aydt
, Former Republican Party official and activist.
Updated November 7, 2020 · Author has 1.7K answers and 4.6M answer views

Yes, both Presidents Adams chose not to attend the inauguration of their successors, in both cases because the election was not merely one which was a change of party, but also one in which those presidents had been personally repudiated in harsh personal campaign.

But what others fail to note is that Andrew Johnson did not attend the inauguration of Ulysses S. Grant because Grant refused to ride in a carriage with his predecessor and so Johnson was informed that he would not be welcome at his successors inauguration.

And let's not forget Richard Nixon, who made sure that he left the White House and was airborne flying to California when Gerald Ford took the oath of office. That situation, though, was hardly a traditional inauguration day, and there was no precedent for the situation.

fairly certain there has to be a conviction before there can be a pardon.

Not so sure about that. A Presidential pardon is as close to a magic wand as we have in America.

Ford's pardon of Nixon.
"a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes that he might have committed against the United States as president."

Not so sure about that. A Presidential pardon is as close to a magic wand as we have in America.

Ford's pardon of Nixon.
"a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes that he might have committed against the United States as president."

How can I get one of those?

Yoiu have always claimed you deal only in facts, where have you seen that Trump will leave before hand? As far as I remember the whole handing over of the keys happens before the ceremony of swearing in, at which time they have by tradition road together to the swearing in. Here are the following exceptions take special note of both of the Adam's

https://www.quora.com/Has-an-outgoi...d-the-inauguration-of-their-successor?share=1

I didn't say he was leaving, I said "IF" he leaves (resigns) before the inauguration Pence becomes POTUS. Try and keep up.

I didn't say he was leaving, I said "IF" he leaves (resigns) before the inauguration Pence becomes POTUS. Try and keep up.

Here is what you said; the Word IF isn't in the sentence all though it has to be assumed since you always leave a way to worm out of what you said

QUOTE= SanDiegoCJ ;n266835]At present he'd have to hand the keys to Pence.[/QUOTE]

Try to remember what you wrote Veijo :rolleyes:

Here is what you said; the Word IF isn't in the sentence all though it has to be assumed since you always leave a way to worm out of what you said

QUOTE= SanDiegoCJ ;n266835]At present he'd have to hand the keys to Pence.

Try to remember what you wrote Veijo :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You said he should just leave and hand the keys to Biden. He can't do that at present. Again, try and keep up. I'm done with you on this as I'm sure you won't get it.

Doesn't really seem worth it.

if you want to be President, you basically have to sacrifice yourself. Life as you know it ends. BUT, and i always said this, Trump has lived a similar high profile lifestyle for years and was already extra famous and couldnt go anywhere without being recognized.

To me, the blessing of anonymity and being able to spend time with friends doing awesome things would NOT be worth any gain the Presidency may be worth.

not to mention the fact if you are not a political elite, no matter what you do, the media would try and destroy you until you are dead and then a few years after that, as well.

if you want to be President, you basically have to sacrifice yourself. Life as you know it ends. BUT, and i always said this, Trump has lived a similar high profile lifestyle for years and was already extra famous and couldnt go anywhere without being recognized.

To me, the blessing of anonymity and being able to spend time with friends doing awesome things would NOT be worth any gain the Presidency may be worth.

not to mention the fact if you are not a political elite, no matter what you do, the media would try and destroy you until you are dead and then a few years after that, as well.

I visited the White House a few times. The last time I was working as a photographer for a lobbying group and got to go in all the restricted areas. They have a gift shop there that sells stuff to all the political people who are allowed back there. I bought a shot glass that was a replica of what they use at the White House with the presidential seal on it. I use it on the weekends some times and when my friends come over we get drunk and call it Shot Glass One.

That's as close to the presidency as I would ever want to be. Also the carpet in the White House is shitty.

I don’t think that’s been banned yet.

Possibly?

Screenshot_20210111-182249_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top Back Refresh