What's new

Train wreck by my house today.

That's rough. At least train windshield are crazy thick.

I'm sure members heard about the Amtrak train hitting a dump truck in MO a while back.

Also, the train at Silver Dollar City recently derailed and fell over :laughing: No injuries.

100 car Train hit a minivan late yesterday a few miles from me. News said a high school kid and his parents were killed. His 7 year old sister was in critical condition and airlifted to Le Bonheur in Memphis.
No idea why the man never saw the flashing lights. Trains at that crossing are usually moving on pretty good.

Oh, and whoever is trying to make fun of me trying to convert our bus to 6x6 or 4x4 - I've seen pics and videos of coach buses getting stuck on train tracks or low dips in parking lots because they are one-wheel wonders.

For a little history, I know of a guy that was forced to retire from Oh'Really's. He didn't want to quit because he was depressed because he had no family members left. On his way home from his last day, parked on the nearby train track and waited for the train.

Last edited:
The real question is how many free telephone poles did OP score. :flipoff2:
none, my machine is on a job right now. can't put those in your pocket! I was leaving an early lunch when this happened because I popped a thumb hose yesterday and had to run get another made.

Hell of a hit. I wonder if they will release the footage from in the train? They pretty much all have cameras in them now I would assume, right?

of all the things to see on the tracks as a train operator I think this one elicits one of the biggest "oh shit"s

do trains have seatbelts?

so the driver was across the tracks, waiting on the redlight in front of him to turn green. stupidity on his part. he should never have proceeded across with a a redlight in front of him. its a wierd intersection they made worse by the construction going on.
trainwreck of an intersection for sure!! :eek: (see what I did there? :laughing: )
No clue where the lights have been placed but I can't fathom anywhere that would help.

1671635225471.png

Wtf that was a hard hit. Hopefully the engineer didn’t get hurt. I wonder if the driver was being stupid or something impeded his progress.
Actually, it didn’t look like a hard hit. That train didn’t slow down at all. It looks like a bad hit for the truck. Did the driver live?

Well that bridge is fucked for at least a month and the contractor is definitely going to try and make some money off this! :flipoff2:

Too late, its already off the rails,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What's up neighbor, I'm over the mountain towards Dunlap.

No shit. I’m just up the hill from Bg, across the big pond from v30. Can see werock dayton from my top corner.

Small world. I'm just across the way over in Cleveland.
And just like that it turned into a neighborhood circle jerk .........:laughing:

:flipoff2:

What a retard, that's one of the basic things in the cdl test. I took mine up here in rural ID and it was the most relaxed test you could imagine. Even still, he took you through an area with a stop sign right after the tracks and if you stopped with your trailer on the tracks it was an auto fail.

I would be plowing through cars if I had to when I saw the lights flash.

trainwreck of an intersection for sure!! :eek: (see what I did there? :laughing: )
No clue where the lights have been placed but I can't fathom anywhere that would help.

1671635225471.png
so basically you turn left at a 4way to cross the tracks, then onto the new bridge in the pic, and right at the bridge is an intersection into the new road they are building. theres another bridge to the left they are building to take the traffic over the railroad and the creek.

what were you doing there yesterday, delivering bridge beams?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was high on coke playing conductor watching the speedo last I recall

Top Back Refresh