What's new

Trailer TPMS systems

94toytruck

Eastcoast crawler
Member Number
Loc
Eastern Pa
Anyone running one of these stand alone TPMS units for their trailer? I been curious of them for awhile but never really looked into them before.

I ran TireMinder i10 TPMS, mounted to valve stems. Easy to setup, worked perfectly. Battery life on the stems was about a year. I had rubber stems on the trailer and they definitely moved while I was driving on the highway, but never had a problem. Was shocking to see temp and pressure changes on a hot day. Highly recommend this system.

My 05 Dodge did not have factory TPMS, so I got one to do that too. Not a huge fan of the external sensors, but it stays inside the barn and rarely
gets parked anywhere long enough to be messed with (also, I have more than one trailer, so I swap them off)

I liked this one as it shows you all the pressures, all the time (and scrolls though the temps). Usually also not a big fan of
"things" plopped on top of the dash, but it is fairly low profile and solar charges itself, so no wires required except the first charge
(or after long winter of it being in the darK)

20210627_113243.jpg

20210627_113304.jpg

Comes with a "sticky" pad that keeps it in place, but does not use any kind of adhesive.

20210627_113202.jpg

I use the cheap $25 4x TPMS systems on trailers. Enough range to get back to truck cab.

Use metal valve stems, else they will fail one after another.

Top Back Refresh