What's new

Trailer rehab

Drug home this absolute pile of willys gpw the other day. There is a lot of bondo on it (someone filled the shovel cut out full!) and some weird willys wagon style fenders. It came with a truck bed full of parts, and 2 transmission & transfer cases though.

IMG_20220329_185515281_HDR.jpg

This is from last year but it's what made me want to add the combo binders.
IMG_20210611_150742630.jpg

Here's another loaded trailer pic because why not.
IMG_20210331_135615432_HDR.jpg

What's a combo binder? Is that the big truck ratchet straps you welded on?

What's a combo binder? Is that the big truck ratchet straps you welded on?
Yeah, some people call them winches but at my last job we called them combo binders. You can use them to bind straps & wire rope.
IMG_20210430_132112535_HDR.jpg

Cool, I've been watching your thread. I haul equipment and am always looking for better (easier) ways.

Reactions: Dan
Here's another loaded trailer pic because why not.
IMG_20210331_135615432_HDR.jpg
Do ya have any info on the service box on the second gen? I really like how the sides arnt sky high. I think ya might have posted about it somewhere else but I can’t find it again.

Do ya have any info on the service box on the second gen? I really like how the sides arnt sky high. I think ya might have posted about it somewhere else but I can’t find it again.

It's an older 36" knapheide body that I gave to my friend Ryan. It was an old forest service bed at one point, I like the 36 inch tall bodies better than the taller ones like what's on one of my other trucks.

Post #152 in this thread it's on his truck

Drug home this absolute pile of willys gpw the other day. There is a lot of bondo on it (someone filled the shovel cut out full!) and some weird willys wagon style fenders. It came with a truck bed full of parts, and 2 transmission & transfer cases though.

IMG_20220329_185515281_HDR.jpg
The fenders are circa '48 Willys-Overland.

Top Back Refresh