What's new

Trailer manufacturers, good, bad, ugly.

Picking up a new Diamond C LPX22 later this week. 14,900 GVW. Overkill for what I'm hauling, but hopefully I won't really have to worry about anything. We shall see.

Picking up a new Diamond C LPX22 later this week. 14,900 GVW. Overkill for what I'm hauling, but hopefully I won't really have to worry about anything. We shall see.

I grabbed a GTF max width 9900lb a few months back. It's been great so far.

Picked this up last week, 6k otd with the options I added (rub rail, adj hitch, HD 5k Jack, and spare tire). Turn around time was 10 days from the time i made the deposit, details: 18+2, 60" slide in ramps, 6k dexter ez lube axles. Seems to be well made, tows great, wired decently, fenders are more than strong enough to sit/stand on. For ~ 2k+ less than a comparable PJ trailer I am perfectly fine with it. :grinpimp:

356856024_781308310359775_5222238851749320506_n.jpg

So I ended up following the same path; the 16GN I have is a good trailer but it didn't have quite enough capacity for the mini ex I'm looking to snag here soon. This one popped up for sale on Sunday night and I was in there this morning to grab it.

Someone else built this but then never took delivery they said so it popped up cheaper than their normal list. Its a 17.5k x 24 foot. 8k oil bath Dexters with HD brake option. HD Jack, and adjustable hitch. Also has a Tongue box with solid bottom, extra wide ramps with wire mesh, upgraded ramp springs, and 8 extra D rings; and as Jhama78 said, the fenders are well stout enough to stand on.

What was cool was I got to wander around the shop where they put them together and talk with some of the employees; they just got back from a Hatfield McCoy trail trip, and were all just good dudes. They buy their materials and such local and its good to support a local shop of seemingly good folks.

So far I haven't seen anything about it that would bring up any concern. The coating on it is thick and thats appreciable.

20231030_123617.jpg

Top Back Refresh