What's new

Track bar mounted to opposite side of drag link

Chang805

Member Number
Loc
Santa Cruz
Im looking for a new work/chase truck and checked out an OBS f250 with a Dana 60 swapped up front, on coilovers . The trackbar/panhard bar was mounted to the frame on the passenger side and to the axle on the driver side. Drag link was normal, steering box on driver side and axle side on pass. This made the two look like an X.
I have never seen this before, angle and length relations aside, would this be something to be worried about?
I would probably redo it at some point and put 05+ SD axles so if it isn’t an immediate issue i’m not worried, thanks

Last edited:
I suspected that there’s a reason nobody solved packing issues by mounting them opposite. Thanks for the help.
Never ceases to amaze me how people will always find a way to fuck things up

Reactions: DMG
I suspected that there’s a reason nobody solved packing issues by mounting them opposite. Thanks for the help.
Never ceases to amaze me how people will always find a way to fuck things up
Just think about it. The panhard travels in an arch. So when the suspension travels up, it will push the axle to the drivers side or the body to the passenger side. The drag link also travels in an arch. When the suspension travels up it will push the knuckle to the passenger side, effectively turning the truck right. So the panhard will double the bump steer instead of cancel it.

Said there was some bumpsteer and fixed it with 2 king steering stabilizers. I have never had a steering stabilizer on any of my vehicles and can’t believe people are still buying the BS that they’ll fix anything

IMG_4720.png
IMG_4721.png
IMG_4719.jpeg

I didn't know King even made steering stabilizers. How much you want to bet those are just regular shocks and the valving isn't 50/50.

The track bar placment and welds on it are super special. :laughing:

Run the fuck away from that.

KING absolutely makes steering stabilizers. So does Fox, Bilstein, etc. Actually I think the Bilsteins are indeed just shocks valved correctly. Most of the 2500/3500/250/350 truck shops online sell the stabilizer kits.

Shit, the Fords at least come with steering stabilizers stock. But I haven't seen them mounted like this bozo has them (over/under on the same side." Usually they're mounted opposing directions.

1720846515047.png

Shit, the Fords at least come with steering stabilizers stock. But I haven't seen them mounted like this bozo has them (over/under on the same side." Usually they're mounted opposing directions.
That shit is SOP for shitty lift kit type installs which is probably what he copied.

Google "dual steering stabilizer" and I bet you get more that are mounted over under than anything else.

The worst thing has to be the lack of safety washers on the pitman arm hiem.

Didn't Shannon Campbell run a similar opposed setup in on of his early jeep buggies?

I don’t recall, but I hope you are talking about vehicles with full Hydro. Otherwise it’s a cluster fuck of bind.
i think it was called "pinky"... wasn't full hydro at the time. Fourwheeler or Peterson's article called it out back in teh day

Top Back Refresh