What's new

towing vehicle options

samy crawler

Red Skull Member
ST4x4
Member Number
Loc
Ca
Looking for options to get an rv trailer from Topeka, KS to Madisonville, TX.

My mom bought a 24' bumper pull rv trailer from her sister in Kansas.
Problem is my mom doesnt have a vehicle to go tow it home, yet.
I love road trips so I offered to go out there and tow it back to her place in Tx.
Looking for options on how to tow it back.
U-haul?
rent a pickup from rental car compnay?
buy a random truck in Kansas and resell it?
does a irate member need a truck moved from kansas to texas for free?
any other irates in kansas like road trips? my mom has some cool airplanes we can fly!

Last edited:
one way rental on a uhaul truck?
the car rental companies will also rent trucks, but I don't know if they have towing shit.
the uhaul will have a 2" ball as that's all they use. It will probably be welded on.

If you make the trip, hit me up while in Wichita for a beer and/or a shop/tools as needed.

Other than that... whatever tickles your pickle. Plenty of options out there for a tow, but if you buy a KS truck, likelihood will be that there is an identical truck in TX for cheaper...

Either way, document for Irate...

:beer::beer::beer:

Why does someone need a camping trailer if they don't own a truck to tow it?
Anyway, a lot of U hauls have locks on them so you can't tow with it, they will only give you the key if you rent their trailer as well.

I'd just look on criaglist to see if there is guy that would move it.

Uhaul or penske. Fly up grab truck, hook up trailer, drive home.

I'd try to find someone that needs a vehicle (with a hitch) driven from there to near your destination first.

save money for a new set of tires if it is over 5 years old. buy a cheap rust bucket chevy to haul it and part it out when you get home.

Anyway, a lot of U hauls have locks on them so you can't tow with it, they will only give you the key if you rent their trailer as well.

What kind of shit-ass Uhauls are you renting from?

When you really add up flights, unknown truck problems or dismal uhaul fuel economy and rental cost (my buddy said they won't rent the pickups for out of town trips) why not just drive your own shit?

If you fly out here and need help getting a truck ready, im an hour north of topeka. I have two shops full of tools and parts for chevy trucks.

When you really add up flights, unknown truck problems or dismal uhaul fuel economy and rental cost (my buddy said they won't rent the pickups for out of town trips) why not just drive your own shit?

Because Im in Santa Cruz, Ca and I can fly standby for dirt cheap.
Didnt the other site have a section for this kind of thing? Like towing and hauling, needs and offers??

Hire an rv hauler/hotshot guy. Make sure they have a DOT # that is active. Should be able to get it done for $850-1000

If she plans to buy something to pull it, why not wait until she does that?

Looking for options to get an rv trailer from Topeka, KS to Madisonville, TX.

My mom bought a 24' bumper pull rv trailer from her sister in Kansas.
Problem is my mom doesnt have a vehicle to go tow it home, yet.
I love road trips so I offered to go out there and tow it back to her place in Tx.
Looking for options on how to tow it back.
U-haul?
rent a pickup from rental car compnay?
buy a random truck in Kansas and resell it?
does a irate member need a truck moved from kansas to texas for free?
any other irates in kansas like road trips? my mom has some cool airplanes we can fly!

Serious offer, I can go get it in topeka and store it here at my dealership until you get a way to move it to texas. shoot me a pm if interested or call my dealership.

Top Back Refresh