What's new

Torrents

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
Or 'Stealing IP From Giant Media Companies'. Let's talk. This thread will be about stealing things. The participants of this thread will have absolutely zero compunction about stealing property from Viacom or Disney, so if you don't like that, fuck the fuck off out of here and don't bore us with your repulsive defense of the Media Industry. Fuck them, and fuck you.

Now....

the pirate bay seems to be malfunctioning. The 'SE' column is all Zeros for me (Seeders). I can download torrents from there but it's a crapshoot on whether it's got an active tracker or not.

Over the years I've ignored all other aggregators because TPB always comes back within hours, and always has the largest repository of the best trackers.

But now. Fuck. What do I do, or what am I doing wrong?

Things I have learned:

Stealing is ok if you steal from those labelled oppressors.

This thread is not the discussion of why it is immoral to pay for IP from most media companies, this thread is about alternatives to TPB or how to fix TPB. Thank you.

Oh, I think you are reading it wrong. I wasn't judging you on your public posting of a possibly immoral decision. I was just pointing out what I learned from reading it. Thanks by the way.

I get pretty much all i need from rarbg.

edit - fuck Hollywood, D1sney, HB0 in the ass. I pay for none of it

come at me bro...

Last edited:
The Pirate bay is the last place to get good torrents. Look up private torrent trackers, and do what you can to get on a private or invite only tracker. It's been a year or two since I was torrenting a lot so I do not know the current best trackers. A seedbox is a good idea as well to keep your ratios up (most sites have this requirement). When you first get on to a site, just download the most popular/newest couple of movies and let them seed for a month, your ratio will be easy to maintain at that point.

Or 'Stealing IP From Giant Media Companies'. Let's talk. This thread will be about stealing things. The participants of this thread will have absolutely zero compunction about stealing property from Viacom or Disney, so if you don't like that, fuck the fuck off out of here and don't bore us with your repulsive defense of the Media Industry. Fuck them, and fuck you.

Now....

the pirate bay seems to be malfunctioning. The 'SE' column is all Zeros for me (Seeders). I can download torrents from there but it's a crapshoot on whether it's got an active tracker or not.

Over the years I've ignored all other aggregators because TPB always comes back within hours, and always has the largest repository of the best trackers.

But now. Fuck. What do I do, or what am I doing wrong?

So you are admitting to posting a thread on this forum advocating criminal activity?

Not a big movie watcher, but my wife has lately wanted to watch some of the movies she saw when she was younger....Recently downloaded From Here to Eternity, Children of the Corn. I also got Repo Man.

I use PirateBay. It takes about an hour to download then I let it seed for a couple more.

[486 said:
;n267580]
it's when you're stewing in that puss you just got done flooding
google you up how bittorrent works, breh
gotta give it a ratio of at least 2:1 or you're just being selfish

Screw that. That's when I start getting letters in the mail. :flipoff2: :laughing:

I use TPB when I am staying at a hotel.

However because of all the streaming services I just haven't found the need for Torrents near as much.

I did notice a few weeks ago when I was at a hotel that there were not near as many seeders as there used to be, I thought that was just a function of Torrents losing popularity.

[486 said:
;n267608]

I might not seed on public trackers at all.

My buddy got me into FTWR a long, long, LONG time ago. Nowadays, I don't nearly have the use of such a thing. I barely watch a movie once a month.

make sure you guys are using a VPN if not already. there's free ones, I pay Private Internet Access $36/year because it works and I haven't had a reason to change. No, I do not download torrents...

I need to get back on Demonoid, been years. Use an RSS feed for most TV shows. Can find most of what I want to watch using the search function on rTorrent and YTS, occasionally I need to use TPB.

I have my client set to upload to 150% for most torrents, sometimes will go to 200% depending on how long it took to download just to make it available that much longer.

Had a snafu moving hard drives around and lost my music library so once I get a new set of drives for a pool need to start rebuilding that.

Rarely do I get a nasty email, luckily my ISP doesnt give a shit, but with todays climate Ill be getting a VPN soon.

Not a big movie watcher, but my wife has lately wanted to watch some of the movies she saw when she was younger....Recently downloaded From Here to Eternity, Children of the Corn. I also got Repo Man.

I use PirateBay. It takes about an hour to download then I let it seed for a couple more.

From Here to Eternity is the film Mario Puzo was talking about in The Godfather. Johnny Fontane is Frank Sinatra. Sinatra had no place playing next to Montgomery Clift or Richard Burton in 1953. That's like Justin Bieber getting a role with Tom Hanks and Daniel Day Lewis. Except the Bieber film would bomb, and From Here to Eternity won like 8 Oscars.

https://1337xto.to/

Is you best bet for public sites. Make sure you're running a VPN though. I mostly use a private tracker called IPTorrents, but I don't have any invite codes right now. You do have to seed for 2 weeks there though, so if you like to hit and run, use 1337x.

From Here to Eternity is the film Mario Puzo was talking about in The Godfather. Johnny Fontane is Frank Sinatra. Sinatra had no place playing next to Montgomery Clift or Richard Burton in 1953. That's like Justin Bieber getting a role with Tom Hanks and Daniel Day Lewis. Except the Bieber film would bomb, and From Here to Eternity won like 8 Oscars.

I thought Sinatra did a pretty good job actually. That said, the whole movie was pretty corny. Typical movie of the time I guess.

Top Back Refresh