What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Today’s, what is this?

I halfway wonder if the neighbors are missing a small dog, maybe he went to get some food.

200.gif

You finally put the keyboard down and decided to go outside and this is what we get?

For shame.

He didn’t even go outside. He had his camera send pictures of the outside to him while still inside. :lmao:

For an actual what's this, I found these in some old tools at a yard sale.
20240826_203919~2.jpg

20240826_203859~2.jpg

Thought it might be a kitchen utensil but not sure what its purpose was? It looks like it had a spring to open it originally.

Looks like a skinny 3x4 white tail.
He’s a big deer for our area and when the rut comes, his neck and chest will beef up too. You can see the summer orangish hair making way for the winter brown coat. You get north of the Missouri River heading up into Iowa and you’ll find crazy huge deer up there. Guy into photo come rifle season will weight out around 230-250 on the hoof.

Easterners count different. That right there is a 9point buck:flipoff2:
I believe he will be a 20 point buck. He has crab claws on both antlers. His father was harvested several years ago and he was a 14 point with same looking style rack. It’s doubtful he’ll be seen or around during the rut.

fun fact; hyenas are actually kittycats
they have scratchy tongues and strange bits between their legs
They can also digest bones too. I’m not gonna ask about their strange bits tho

We keep a log book on all deer harvested off of our farm. Have been doing this since the mid 90’s. Everything is recorded in it from anything sighted including noisy as a running deer squirrels. We hang the deer on a scale and record its weight before dressed out. Last bunch of years the deer have put on big layers of fat, like over inch thick fat in areas (not between the ears like you have tho) besides the crops we have, we also do food plots but no feeders anymore.

Used to be a guy on the other side of the road from our farm that had thousands of acres that he had tall fenced in. He was a self made multimillionaire and owned several businesses. He had elk and prized whitetail deer on his property and did private paid hunts on it. It was never advertised just word of mouth. People that lived around the outsides of the property would cut an opening and go hunting on his property. They shot some of his big bucks but the police said that he couldn’t prove the hunter with the buck was the one who trespassed and shot his deer, for as the cops were concerned the bucks escaped through the cut fence and then the hunter shot them.

Anyway, through the years several times his big bucks would get out and spread their genes into the wild. We never saw bucks like the one in the photo earlier down there until mid to late 2000’s.

Top Back Refresh