What's new

To ride or not

Came across an ad on CL for a mower/trailer combo. It was listed at $400 and appeared to look pretty good but pictures are always deceiving. I decide to go check it out and glad I did. Most mowers in this price range have many hours and rusted decks but this one had zero rust and looked too good to pass up so I took it home. It's a lower end rider but will get me by for a couple years.

Now the problem: traction. It struggles for traction on most of the hills in my yard so I need remedy that. Tire chains would help but my brain is telling me we need aggressive rubber. It has 20x8-8 tires so I am thinking to shove some 20x10 AG or ATV tires on it. I am seeing them at $70 a piece which makes me cringe. Anyone buy them cheaper elsewhere? I don't frequent ATV or AG stores.

photo12343.jpg

photo12344.jpg

I can't say specifically on a honda as I've never taken one apart, but i've fixed many toro personal pace mowers that were "junk" with $10 worth of sprag clutch parts in te wheel hubs.

Had a neighbor with a canycom mower. Was a fuckin weird thing but could almost mow a wall.
CMX1402.jpg

Top Back Refresh