What's new

Tires - '08 F250 4x4 w/ 20" wheels

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
I need to get some tires. I use it on the farm, so I need an all-terrain tire. I've got some duratracs on there now that are toast.

I liked nitto ridge grapplers when I had them on a Ram 2500. Buddy has them on a 2018 F250, and thinks we will get 45-50K out of them.

What's the stock tire?

Not that I have any suggestions for you I just wanna know if it's an appropriate option for vehicles that use old school 20" rims. :laughing:

What's the stock tire?

Not that I have any suggestions for you I just wanna know if it's an appropriate option for vehicles that use old school 20" rims. :laughing:

Hell, I don’t remember what the stock tire was. But it was some sort of highway tire

I put Wildpeaks on my f350. Granted, they are not a 20" (35x12.5x18), but they have a great load rating (129), ride nicely and were significantly less expensive that BFG's...

I put Wildpeaks on my f350. Granted, they are not a 20" (35x12.5x18), but they have a great load rating (129), ride nicely and were significantly less expensive that BFG's...

I'm on my third set of falken tires on multiple vehicles.

I haven't been disappointed, especially for the money.

They smell weird.

I was really happy with my nitto trail grappler g1s on my f250. I was going to replace them with g2s but they didnt have my size so i got k02s. the ko2s didnt last as long.

I'm on my third set of falken tires on multiple vehicles.

I haven't been disappointed, especially for the money.

They smell weird.

Yes! They have a distinct silicone smell... It goes away after... a year or so.

general grabbers have them on 5 different trucks and usually get around 50k miles on them. They wear well and haven't had any issues with the sidewalls.

The Chevy 2500 I had came with Duratracs, some people swear by them, but I didn’t like them at all. They didn’t last very long on the truck I had. They seemed to be more prone to flats than other tires I’ve run.

I’ve had decent luck running BFG KO2s. Only cut one sidewall, and that’s because I drove off the edge of a metal culvert that I couldn’t see. I’m honestly not sure how long I drove on the tire before I realized it had a cut on the inside sidewall. They seemed to last around 40K driving on the roads around here. They definitely will gum up in heavy clay soils.

Many of the farmers around here run Toyo M/T. They’re your typical mud tire noise wise, but they seem to handle farm life fairly well.

I only had the ridge grapplers for around 10K miles or so before I sold the truck. They handled the mud better than the KO2s and duratracs. Road noise was somewhere between an all terrain and a mud terrain. Originally, I was trying to order Falken Wild Peak A/Ts when I bought these.

FIL has been running Cooper Discoverer ATPs on a Tundra. They seem to hold up to abuse pretty well. Road noise is somewhere between a A/T and a M/T. They do pretty well in mud for an A/T. I may consider these for my next set of tires.

Current truck is a 1/2 ton with factory 20” wheels and Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts. They’re too much like a car tire for my liking.

I really like the Cooper ST-MAXX I put on my Excursion (295/70-18). They seem to be wearing pretty well. I'm sitting at about 20k-25k I'm at 11-12/32 tread (tire rack shows 18.5/32 for new).

Last edited:
I have 275/65R20 (34.5" ~ for the lazies) Michelin Defender LTX on my F-350 and I have been happy with them in rain, snow, ice, and a little bit of mud. I drug a 40ft GN through a couple muddy parking lots and the yard I picked up and dropped off from without worrying about getting stuck but I'm not sure how they would hold up to farm duty. If

I've had KO2s and they're OK but I'm more likely to buy another set of these tires. I was wanting a slightly more aggressive tire I'd be considering the Michelin AT2 all terrain or the Falken AT3W which were awesome on my ex's 4runner.

I was really happy with my nitto trail grappler g1s on my f250. I was going to replace them with g2s but they didnt have my size so i got k02s. the ko2s didnt last as long.

trail grappler or terra grappler??

Toyo at II lasted really well on my F350s and they have one of the highest load ratings if that matters.

Bought cooper st maxx 295/75r18 for winter tires, held up pretty good even with daily #4400 sap loads.

I’m on my second set of cooper at3 xlt on a 3/4 ton truck their traction is awesome for an at tire they are quiet on the road and I got 65k out of my first set

Every one in the old board used to rave about the Hankook a/t, I put a set on my older F350 a while back, they seem to be a great tire.

Discount/Americas tire put there name in the now old design and calls them the pathfinder at. I put them on the wife's F150 and they have been good so far also, neither have a ton of miles yet, but both still look almost new. The pathfinders are dirt cheap as well.

https://www.americastire.com/tires/...ge:E1:loadRange:E2&sort=bestSeller-asc&page=0

I just dropped off my F250 and am putting Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 on it. There's a back order on the BFG, and every decent AT tire around here is $350 per tire if it's in the warehouse. 2 places said I would have to pay shipping.

I got the Bridgestones at $300 per. They were $350 a tire and another local tire place but I was able to do $300 at the local firestone store.

I just dropped off my F250 and am putting Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 on it. There's a back order on the BFG, and every decent AT tire around here is $350 per tire if it's in the warehouse. 2 places said I would have to pay shipping.

I got the Bridgestones at $300 per. They were $350 a tire and another local tire place but I was able to do $300 at the local firestone store.

Sweet! Hope they work out well :D

good choice... I ran a set on my work truck and got 50,000 miles out of them,... they wore really well and that includes some going out in the desert, and gravel roads...

I'd stay away from the TransForce or destination tires has I run them both and so as my buddy and we never got more than 27 to 28 thousand miles out of them Towing, before you needed to change them out

Top Back Refresh