What's new

Tire Vulcanizing Thread

so would you mess with the one by the bead? maybe just open it up and put some glue tread glue in there? or rubber cement?
1713534182688.png

this guys looks like a good canidate for AB two part stuff. or BK
grind out and apply. but i am going to play next weekend at ray rocks in KC first so if it lasts that long then i will do it.
1713534470374.png

Bead repair is a nightmare because of how little rubber is there to repair and rubber cement will NOT stick to steel. Its the hardest part of the process when building a new tire.

If the sidewall isn't punctured. Do a light buff with a fine wire wheel, cement, raw rubber and put in the spotter. No patch needed.

Also, Get some tires that aren't 20 years old. :grinpimp: I see that 2005 DOT number.

Great write up! Thanks for the tech.
No Problem, hopefully wanting to set the record straight on this stuff. :beer:

Bead repair is a nightmare because of how little rubber is there to repair and rubber cement will NOT stick to steel. Its the hardest part of the process when building a new tire.

If the sidewall isn't punctured. Do a light buff with a fine wire wheel, cement, raw rubber and put in the spotter. No patch needed.

Also, Get some tires that aren't 20 years old. :grinpimp: I see that 2005 DOT number.

No Problem, hopefully wanting to set the record straight on this stuff. :beer:
these tires are practice tires..... practice for burn outs. practice for repairs... practice tires... my tires i am gonna use when i go to small parks and dont want to chew up stickies...

Top Back Refresh