What's new

Timing chain 22r

chaplinfj60

Member Number
Loc
marshalltown iowa
Good evening I’m doing the timing chain because I thought I heard a lot of ticking that was more than normal and so here’s a quick little video of what I’m looking at when I look down from the cam gear going down in and I’m trying to figure out if them are the timing chain guides a break because they don’t look broke so they’re not broke do I taint change a timing chain anyway just because I’m here and I have it on the shelf or do I leave it

so youre not wanting to change the timing chain because the guides arent broke? :laughing::homer::flipoff2: i guess you can just wait for them to break and/or the chain to rub a hole in the cover, or in my case skip a tooth because youre always at 5k rpm :laughing:

i suggest using oem

I pulled my head to do a head gasket and found mine broken around a bolt hole. I couldn't see it with the cover on BUT mine didn't make any noise. They typically break out around the bolt holes IIRC

Frick. In the time it took to make and write in this post you could have it done already. Sounds like its pretty much apart anyway.

so i have the oil pan off, i have a mls head gasket, and arp studs too, i also have the turbo kit, maybe since i am here i should just do that. ugggggggg
turbo kit as in an actual turbo? best thing you could ever do to a 22r/re is a turbo, when i put mine on i kicked myself for not doing it way sooner.

Let's see the 2 and 3 intake rocker arms and the spacers on the rocker arm shaft. If they were plastic, they are worn down and the rockers are hitting the edges of the valve stems causing a tick. If the spacers are steel.....carry on.

Let's see the 2 and 3 intake rocker arms and the spacers on the rocker arm shaft. If they were plastic, they are worn down and the rockers are hitting the edges of the valve stems causing a tick. If the spacers are steel.....carry on.
i can a pic saturday

Top Back Refresh