What's new

Time for a new phone I guess

Pixel 3XL, waiting til the 5 to upgrade. Best smart phone I've ever hard and I'll stick with Google on phones for the foreseeable future. None of the carrier bloatware bullshit, get updates before everyone else, and the built in call screening alone was worth switching over to.

Google seems to have the best formula for phones imo. No gimmicky bullshit, just good hardware and a clean version of Android.

It comes pre-installed on the phone. Look at the camera lens at the top of the screen. If it has a circle around it and you can feel an edge, the screen protector is already there.

I just pulled the case off and it does in fact have a screen protector. Thats good. Of course now I have 3 more i bought from Amazon i don't need :lmao::lmao:

Rereading the link, I guess slightly lower resolution screen is about it. I'd remembered it as more significant stuff.

Are you pretty happy with yours? How do you like the pogo-pin charging? That seems almost as good as wireless...

Where did you get yours? I see you can get them straight from Samsung.

I got mine straight from Samsung. I don’t use the pogo pins, I put a case on it and a screen protector to help it survive being with me in my shop all day. The battery life is great, I had to charge my S7 or Nexus 6 at some point most days, now I get home after a 10 hour day running a business from the phone and listening to podcasts with 40-50%.

I have only had it for a couple of weeks but so far I am happy with it. I am aware that I could have bought the newest model galaxy or iPhone and got more features but I am hard on phones at work (and not at work) and need something rugged and waterproof. Plus it costs half what the newest iPhone/galaxy costs.

Do a network reset and see if that fixes your issues.

I was having issues with my S8 Edge and that fixed it about a year ago. No issues since

Seems to be operating much better after the network reset. Well see if it holds up. If not Ill give the factory reset a try.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
There is​ no reason for an S8 to be slow.

New software updates slow down old phones. The S7/S8 struggle when you use them for nav and want to play music or a podcast or answer a call.

I went from an S8 to an S10 about a year ago and was pissed at how easily the screen scratches. Now I learn it's a plastic cover. :laughing:

Cat S60. It does everything I need it to. Only downside is that it does not have wifi calling. The flir comes in handy.

Just replaced my Galaxy S8 with a S20. Seems like the same phone with better battery life. I wish they would cut the "edge" shit out.

Pixel 3XL, waiting til the 5 to upgrade. Best smart phone I've ever hard and I'll stick with Google on phones for the foreseeable future. None of the carrier bloatware bullshit, get updates before everyone else, and the built in call screening alone was worth switching over to.

Google seems to have the best formula for phones imo. No gimmicky bullshit, just good hardware and a clean version of Android.

Considering the Pixel 4a, wasn't supper happy with the Pixel 4 face unlock and no wireless charging.

Top Back Refresh