What's new

Tie fighter fire pit.

This is a gold-account project on reddit. It's pretty cool. Yes Star Wars is lame now but the Tie Fighter concept is still fresh and evil.

seriously though, r/DIY would love this, they love fire pits, reddit loves Star Wars... it's a match made on Alderan.

This is a gold-account project on reddit. It's pretty cool. Yes Star Wars is lame now but the Tie Fighter concept is still fresh and evil.

seriously though, r/DIY would love this, they love fire pits, reddit loves Star Wars... it's a match made on Alderan.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:eek:

Fckn hell! That'd be a 3 year build for me!

Was thinking the same thing. When I come up with an idea it generally is months til it gets started and even longer to completion. Nice job on the fire pit!

Also, good job on the garage and yard. You have an older home but you keep it neat and functionally tidy it looks like. I like that lichen in the concrete, that's landscaping patina, not appreciated enough in our society.

Also.... I didn't want to point out the obvious weakness here but the wings on the Tie Fighter mean there are only 2 narrow beams of light and heat coming out of it. You're wearing shorts and the grass looks like down south, so maybe that's not a concern. I didn't see mention of this in the thread.

I think what would happen up here is that fire pit would be the central gathering point until mid October, until all the girls started gathering at the ends of the tie fighter, fucking up the herd for the single guys, and reducing the overall bonfire circle you can have.

But then the grill on the top is a nice touch. So you'd keep this fire pit and get out the Death Star or maybe your old rock-crushing tool for the full heat-light effect.

Is that top bent the right way? Looks like there’s nothing to keep it from sliding off. :flipoff2:

Guilty as charged.

Btw to the OP your shop / garage is way to neat.

So you are cheating in time frame of completing projects.

He literally said it was finished in a day.

Maybe you're just inefficient with your time :flipoff2:

Last edited:
wonder how much consumables that took.

Surprisingly my hand torch last forever.

I changed it for the first time in years because it stopped cutting 3/16 steel....... Then I realized that not only was I cutting the 3/16 but I was also cutting through my 1/4" welding table... Whoops....

Top Back Refresh